Homeboy Industries, the 2020 recipient of the Conrad N. Hilton
Humanitarian Prize, is seeking a world class marketing executive
and mission oriented individual to lead Homeboy’s brand management
and strategy initiatives forward. This position is responsible for
Homeboy Industries overall brand management; expanding Homeboy
Industries’ global partnership reach to corporations,
organizations, and individuals who can advance Homeboy’s mission;
and serving as a strategic thought leader to enable ambitious
revenue and fundraising growth from Homeboy’s social enterprises
and comprehensive campaign initiatives.
In addition to possessing an accomplished background in leading
organizations’ brand management and marketing initiatives forward,
a track record of building innovative brand partnerships to bolster
organizational priorities, and an aptitude/desire for connecting
brand strategies and tactics to revenue growth, exemplary
candidates will possess broad leadership capabilities as a senior
manager, and the cultural competency necessary to lead marketing
strategies and tactics forward in a world that prioritizes and
values social justice, equity, inclusion and diversity.
This is a high-profile position offers the right individual the
opportunity to work closely with the CEO, CDO and other Chief
Officers to advance the essential mission of Homeboy Industries as
Homeboy expands its programming into a variety of innovative areas
including youth reentry, the arts, campus expansion and housing,
global advocacy, and the expansion of our core 18 month reentry
Salary, Benefits & Location
A generous salary and benefits package including an industry
leading holiday time policy is available to the right individual.
The ability to work remotely during a global pandemic is a
Homeboy is the beneficiary of great momentum and just within the
past year has received the Everychild Foundation annual prize (20th
Anniversary), been selected by the New World Foundation as one of
twelve organizations nationally to participate in a quality job
creation initiative, and received the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian
Prize, the world’s largest prize of its kind.
The Director of Marketing will play a critical role in
leveraging these accolades to expand Homeboy Industries’ reach with
to drive support for our essential mission.
Essential Duties and
- Lead in developing a marketing plan that supports the
organization’s strategic priorities utilizing both traditional and
- Build organizational capability in defining and reaching the
target audiences of Homeboy Industries, including demographics, key
metrics, lifestyles, preferences, needs, desires, and societal
- Partner with internal teams responsible for our strategic
priorities (programming, social enterprises, e-commerce,
development, corporate partnerships) to supervise marketing and
promotional plans for target audience with measurable goals and
- Champion marketing and branding efforts for Homeboy Industries
social enterprises, including marketing campaigns, data analytics,
and e-commerce/digital sales initiatives.
- Support the Executive Team by providing recommendations on
prioritizing marketing initiatives to grow brand reach and revenues
while stewarding internal resources.
- Work directly with the Manger of Media Relations and other
communication assets to ensure collaboration on print and digital
assets to meet the needs of the organization.
- Overall Project Management for the Marketing Department,
including managing the annual planning calendar and budgeting for
the Marketing Department.
- Oversee Homeboy Industries’ content creation (print and
digital) on all platforms for marketing and communications
- Report on key metrics to Executive leadership, providing
campaign updates and quarterly reports on Marketing
- As it relates to the Marketing Plan and any Marketing
Department needs or projects, speak into the development and
production of copyrightable works (print, photography, film, music,
visual arts, etc.) for distribution in various media and
- Participate in (and contribute to) meetings as appropriate
including weekly all-staff meetings, Leadership Team meetings,
periodic Executive Team meetings, and planning and budget
- Manage and lead marketing staff as well as oversee partnerships
with creative agency partners and consultant resources.
- Attend, plan and participate in significant Homeboy events as
needed and/or assigned, including annual gala, community events,
and staff events.
Skill, Experience & Education
- Ten+ years in marketing and brand management, leading teams to
implement strategic campaigns to advance mission and achieve
- Track record of working as a change agent with senior level
leaders to build infrastructure and systems in enhancing
organization’s marketing and revenue generating capabilities.
- Significant experience implementing marketing campaigns in both
for profit and non-profit environments, with notable goal
achievement in driving business sales and fundraising in
traditional and digital channels (e-commerce, digital
- Experience leading creative teams and/or agencies to produce
and implement websites, multimedia, brochures, direct mail, annual
reports, and other organizational collateral that reflects brand
image and moves markets to action.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to embrace a spirit
of entrepreneurship and flexibility in order to meet ambitious
goals that support Homeboy Industries’ mission.
- Strong editorial sensibility and skill set – must have strong
background in using storytelling across marketing platforms to
engage target audiences and achieve target goals.
- Proven supervisory experience, with ability to coach and
develop an effective team.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Windows/MS
Office/Internet/Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, etc.) and
applicable marketing-related applications and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or MBA preferred) in Marketing or a
related field, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- A strong alignment with Homeboy Industries’ mission and a
passion for social justice.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Submissions are being accepted until position is filled.