Email Marketing Specialist - Jacksonville, FL
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Email Marketing Specialist executes Direct Response donor email communications and oversees WWP email marketing campaigns to ensure effective performance of the email marketing program. The Email Marketing Specialist analyzes and reports on email campaign performance and applies those learnings to future campaigns. Areas of focus include online house database growth, increasing conversion rates and revenue, increasing donor retention, and strengthening the integrity of online donor data.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and approve email campaign briefs to ensure email strategy reflects Direct Response Online team and organizational goals.
- Oversee WWP email campaigns from initial planning through copy, creative, fact-checking, branding, and quality assurance testing.
- Design and implement email testing plan, and schedule based on historical results.
- Manage multiple email lists and design segmentation plan.
- Collaborate with agency to coordinate, schedule, and ensure on-time delivery of email sends.
- Review and edit email copy for grammatical correctness and brand standards and ensure the organizational information presented is clear and accurate.
- Lead creative development for videos, photos, etc. for email campaigns.
- Conduct quality assurance testing on live test sends to include review of content and technical elements, and approve for live sending.
- Ensure planned A/B testing and segmentation is correct within each email campaign.
- Produce internal email reporting and provide monthly analyses to management.
- Review agency email reports for accuracy and communicate analyses to management.
- Monitor inbox placement and deliverability of email sends.
- Research and support email acquisition efforts including email list rental and third-party vendors.
- Collaborate with members of the Resource Development, Marketing, and Communications teams and gather information to develop content for email campaigns and eNewsletters.
- Work with Resource Development and Marketing teams and review their email campaign strategies. Collaborate to avoid overlap between lists or conflicting strategy.
- Serve as WWP’s email marketing subject matter expert and keep current with latest email marketing trends, email marketing best practices, CAN-SPAM Act regulations, and email technologies.
- Work with Direct Response television team to develop email communications to sustainers.
- Maintain a repository of Direct Response email communications on the Direct Response network drive.
- Generate appeal codes and tracking URLs for email campaigns and maintain coding repository.
- Manage email premium process to include budget and art approvals, revenue projections, and monitoring fulfillment to ensure campaigns are adjusted accordingly.
- Ensure email campaigns are SEO compatible and coordinate a process to retain them on the WWP website.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of online marketing and sales concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated writing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of HTML programming.
- Demonstrated understanding of database querying.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and interact effectively with diverse individuals to build successful working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise good judgment when working with sensitive matters.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience in email marketing.
- Two years of copywriting experience.
- One year of experience analyzing online data and preparing reports.
- One year of vendor management experience.