Chief Financial Officer
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
To preserve and document the rich history and culture of the Sephardic community's traditions and values. To stand at the intersection of traditional and modern life, while growing to meet the contemporary needs of our community. To be a pillar of the neighborhood, as a cultural, recreational, educational, and social center, dedicated to serving generations of families from the youngest children through senior citizens, and at every stage in between.
For the past 38 years. The Sephardic Community Center (“Center”) has been guided by its founders’ mission to “preserve and nurture the rich history and culture of the community.” With an operating budget of $11M, approximately 35-full-time staff that expands to 250 seasonally and with all programs operational, the Center continues to be a driving force and visible organization within the community in Brooklyn, New York.
For more information, please visit: http://www.scclive.org
The Center is looking to hire an experienced Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) to be an integral part of the management team and lead the financial strategy and operations of the organization. Reporting to and partnering with the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and managing a team of seven, the CFO will work in collaboration with the Board of Directors (“BOD”) and other key leaders across the Center to ensure efficient and transparent fiscal operations. This is an opportunity for a financially and entrepreneurially minded person to bring new ideas and initiatives to the fiscal planning and management, administrative, and accounting functions for this most unique and important community organization.
Financial and Operational Management
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Center’s finance functions including investment management.
- Work with the CEO and in collaboration with the BOD and management team to ensure efficient and transparent fiscal operations.
- Establish, monitor and where necessary, refine appropriate control processes, including those related to payroll processing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for oversight of the bi-annual budget process and accurate preparation and analysis of budgets and financial reports in order to assist the CEO, Board and members of the management team.
- Create appropriate reports and dashboards to make certain that all financial information is communicated in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proactively review, monitor, and report on the Center’s financial performance including cash position, income and expenses, budget compliance, and material deviation from the budget. Prepare and present financial information to the CEO and Finance committee as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Audit Committee, manage relationships with outside auditors, assist in the audit process, and communicate audit results and recommendations as appropriate.
- Assure that legal and regulatory documents are timely prepared and filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations as they relate to finance functions.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with key vendors, including banks, insurance companies and benefit providers. Seek cost savings opportunities to include review of existing loan terms, investment vehicles, and tax advantages, while enabling the organization to expand services and programs.
- Conduct periodic enterprise risk assessments and report results of such assessments as necessary. Coordinate remedial policies, procedures, and actions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, Management; graduate degree preferred; CPA a plus.
- 10 + years accounting/finance experience; a minimum of 5 years senior financial leadership experience.
- Experience in both for-profit and non-profit financial management strongly preferred.
- Experience in the fiscal management of a 10M+ organization.
- Expertise in identifying, implementing, and using financial systems to improve financial and accounting productivity and accuracy.
- Experience in working with external auditors, compliance, and regulatory oversight.
- Experience managing diverse revenue sources.
- Experience working with non-profit Boards a strong plus.
Apply for Chief Financial Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly