Global Director, Corporate Partnerships
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Orbis has worked on the ground in more than 90 countries since 1982, and currently conducts 58 long-term projects in 19 countries. Through Cybersight we are training healthcare workers in more than 200 countries each year.
Despite our success in fighting avoidable blindness, the World Health Organization estimates that blindness will triple by 2050 without intervention. In response to this, the global development team has united to raise additional, critical funds to maximize Cybersight and program technology, launch an initiative for women and girls, help end trachoma in Ethiopia, and develop and scale self-sustaining vision centers.
Corporate donors are crucial for our success, and Orbis is seeking to recruit a dynamic individual to spearhead corporate fundraising in the US and provide leadership throughout our fundraising offices in Canada, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Macau, China and Singapore.
This is an exciting time to join Orbis as we continue to grow and fund innovative and life changing programs working with some of the largest global multi-national brands. The incumbent will oversee existing and new robust corporate partnerships with large blue-chip companies and also mid-size and small enterprises across an array of collaborations including; employee giving, cause related marketing, shared value partnerships, CSR, gifts in-kind and cash donations.
Based in the New York headquarters of Orbis International, the Global Director of Corporate Partnerships serves as the strategic leader and expert in the area of corporate development. They will be responsible for designing and implementing Orbis’s corporate fundraising strategies in the US and providing leadership globally in collaboration with fundraisers in other global offices. This position will require national and international travel.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Director, Corporate Partnerships will report to and work closely with the Chief Development Officer and will supervise the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships. As the lead focal point for corporate fundraising, they will also work closely with development team members from the US and other global offices and liaise with colleagues across different departments at the headquarters office in New York.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Global Director, Corporate Partnerships will oversee a current portfolio of approximately $3 million USD and will build on this success, maintaining existing partnerships, leveraging warm leads, building a new prospect pipeline and devising innovative corporate fundraising propositions across sectors.
- Design and Execution of Corporate Fundraising Strategy. Be a leader and expert for Orbis’s corporate fundraising activities in the US and globally; design and implement strategies aimed at recruiting and retaining corporate donors and garnering unrestricted and restricted support, enhancing the Orbis image, and communicating mission and goals to US and global audiences. This includes collaborating with global development colleagues on identifying, qualifying and clearing prospects, developing strategies for engaging multi-national corporate donors with multiple touchpoints, and securing support from current donors and future prospects whose business interests align with Orbis’s mission and geographic presence.
- Corporate Partnerships Program Structure and Processes. Develop the tools, processes and systems necessary for a successful corporate partnership program; formulate and closely monitor the corporate budget, ensuring that revenue and expense targets are met; prepare and disseminate regular corporate revenue tracking reports including assessments around variance trends.
- Donor Cultivation and Stewardship. Manage and grow Orbis’s portfolio of corporate partners, mid-level corporate donors, prospects and gift-in-kind donors through the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors; plan, direct and participate in the implementation of all aspects of reporting activities and corporate cultivation events.
- Intra-Orbis Collaboration. Manage Corporate Donor program expectations, provide leadership and share best practices for corporate fundraising with global offices. Participate in the coordination and implementation of the department’s and organization-wide fundraising events, including the Flying Eye Hospital’s fundraising and promotional tours. Collaborate with colleagues on local and global projects and initiatives as appropriate. Work in close collaboration with program staff to ensure corporate propositions are aligned with global program priorities.
- Engagement of the Board. Build and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors; enlist and motivate Board members to leverage their corporate contacts on behalf of Orbis.
- Communications. Collaborate with communications department on development of collateral pieces including newsletters, annual reports, brochures and other materials, as needed.
- Leadership and Supervision. Provide leadership, inspiration and accountability for the corporate fundraising program in the U.S. and globally, ensuring that Orbis is strongly engaged with the business sector; supervise and mentor the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships; foster a professional work environment and provide regular and meaningful performance feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic, entrepreneurial and creative individual who is strategic, professional, diplomatic and results-oriented. They will be excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of the development department and the organization as a whole. The successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent fundraising track record, and offer the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 15 years relevant working experience and ideally 7 years of corporate fundraising experience; Experience in developing new and sustainable multi-year, multi-faceted corporate partnerships.
- An entrepreneurial approach to raising funds and stewarding donor relationships; Track record of designing and implementing successful corporate fundraising programs and strategies that are directly tied to business objectives; Proven experience in managing fundraising budgets.
- Strong command of best practices and techniques for fundraising and corporate business development, including proven experience articulating a clear value proposition to potential corporate partners. Experience working with tech companies desirable.
- Demonstrable track record in liaising with a wide range of stakeholders from Board to C-level with the ability to work seamlessly and diplomatically at the senior level.
- Excellent communicator who presents effectively and convincingly in writing as well as verbally.
- Track record of marketing savvy, understanding the fundamentals of marketing strategies.
- Consummate relationship-building skills, with dynamic capacity to inspire new donors to give and colleagues to collaborate as a team.
- The ability to inspire enthusiasm, partnership, trust and respect of Orbis’ external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and management skills (minimum of 5 years), with a track record of leading teams and inspiring them to achieve new benchmarks of success.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work accurately in a highly detailed work environment.
- Familiarity with global health issues and the global health NGO network in general, desirable.
- Able to travel nationally and internationally up to 20-25% of the time.
- Computer literacy in all MS Office applications as well as the Internet; and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree or extensive equivalent experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to Zoe Oldham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Orbis – Global Director, Corporate Partnerships” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 29th November 2020 18.00 GMT
Apply for Global Director, Corporate Partnerships
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly