Associate Director of Development
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Working with the Director of Development, this position will develop and manage a comprehensive program in order to increase the support of existing donors, re-engage former supporters, and attract new benefactors to increase annual revenue in order to support the overall goals of MASS MoCA.The Associate Director of Development implements and maintains a strong list of prospective individual and corporate supporters while continuing to engage with current and past donors for both annual, program, and capital support. Central to this position is working with the Development team to acknowledge supporters in a consistent and creative way to build confidence in the organization.
• Develop tailored short-term and long-term strategic plans for corporate and individual giving utilizing giving opportunities such as major gifts, monthly giving, online giving, direct mail, and annual, program, capital, and planned giving.
• Cultivate and manage a broad base of corporate and individual donors and prospects from various sources, including current and past donors, and other key stakeholders.
• Contribute to the development of Annual Appeal messaging and implementation strategy.
• Work collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals; meet with individual donors as determined by the Director of Development.
• Develop individual plans for donor engagement, including volunteer opportunities, site visits, and cultivation events; this includes all aspects of donor prospecting including research and analysis. Recommend priorities for engagement to the Director of Development based on research and agency needs.
• Work closely with the Manager of Foundations and Institutional Giving and other development staff members to identify and implement most effective strategies that will support existing efforts and new program development.
• Plan and implement cultivation and fundraising events with the Director of Development and Development Manager, including event logistics and coordination.
• Work with the Development Manager and Membership Coordinator to conceptualize and implement membership programs and donor cultivation events to insure that the programs are fully integrated in donor stewardship and cultivation plans.
• Assist the Director of Development to provide support on Board Meeting preparation including reporting, information, presentation, and other needs.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications. Prepare regular reports on any special campaign activities.
• Assume other tasks and responsibilities as needed; weekends and evenings required.
• Superb verbal and written communication skills; personable and approachable character
• Effective prioritizer with time management skills, able to work on many projects at once
• Highly motivated and hardworking, continuing through until goals are complete
• Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word; familiarity with fundraising databases
• Proven communication skills including experience in writing direct mail appeals, e-appeals, website text, and social media communications
• Direct marketing, special events, and development experience
• Ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors; customer-service orientation
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, project and organizational planning and project management experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
• Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow- through
Five or more plus years of related professional experience, preferably, but not limited to, work in development for museums or other arts and cultural organizations.