Advancement Office and Database Administrator
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our Head of School has brought a clear educational vision and a strengthened focus on developing the whole student through a balanced, intentional, and purposeful curriculum. Our students grade 9-Academic Gap Year hail from 25 states and over 20 countries. This small size allows for a transformative educational experience rooted in community, character, and values.
The Advancement Office and Database Administrator is a key member of the Advancement Office who helps Kents Hill achieve its strategic goals and objectives by overseeing and maintaining the integrity of the office’s protocols and donor database, Raiser’s Edge. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, this individual works in conjunction with other Blackbaud users (Admissions, Registrar, Business Office, etc.) to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Responsible for the management, control, integrity, and accurate maintenance of the prospect and donor database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Responsible for processing and tracking all gifts and pledges; producing timely acknowledgment letters and pledge reminders; and creating mailing lists, appeals, and Annual Reports – work with the accounting team to reconcile Raiser’s Edge records with the general ledger, fund balances, and fundraising reports.
- Supports the prospect research needs for the Advancement Office.
- Develops, prepares, and analyzes regular reports on donors and prospects for the Advancement Office staff, Head of School, and Board of Trustees as needed.
- Oversees Advancement Office procedures, ensuring compliance with Kents Hill protocols. Reviews and analyzes issues, including system documentation and output, to identify solutions and/or make appropriate referrals of issues.
- Educates and engages Advancement staff in the optimal use of data processing and report generation to promote best practices.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Advancement, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement or the Head of School.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A thorough understanding of how relational database structures function.
- Knowledge of fundraising software, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Familiarity with prospect research tools and practices.
- Detail orientated individual possessing excellent organizational skills and an emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong typing skills
- The ability to work productively and cohesively in a team environment.
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities, maintain confidentiality, and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Requirements for the position are:
- Four-year college degree required; concentration in business or computer technology.
- Three to five years of combined previous experience with non-profit database management and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- The efficiency with Google and Microsoft Office products.
- Limited evening and weekend hours required – typically Advancement Office events.
- Valid driver’s license and successful driver's license background check required.
Benefits include: medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) matching retirement plan, vacation, sick time, and free tuition for dependent children.
How to Apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org
Kents Hill School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.