Vice President of Development, Financial Security Nonprofit
7 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Prosperity Now works to build a fair and just economy that is free from structural inequity and racism -- an economy where everyone can fully participate across their life cycles, where households can build sustainable wealth through generations and communities can prosper without exception. Founded as CFED in 1979, Prosperity Now recently underwent a strategic planning process to refresh its vision, operating model, and organizational positioning. The organization is seeking a Vice President of Development to plan and execute a comprehensive development plan to broaden its base of support, diversify revenue streams, and realize and ultimately exceed ambitious fundraising goals in support of this vision.
Reporting to the Chief Engagement Officer (CEngO), the Vice President (VP) of Development serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Prosperity Now. In partnership with the CEngO, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Prosperity Now's visibility, impact, and financial resources. The VP of Development also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The VP of Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a $14+ million budget through the solicitation of major gifts, Government and philanthropic grants, special events, corporate support, and earned income. The VP of Development leads the full range of development activities including major individual and planned gifts, annual fund, corporate philanthropy, foundation program and capacity-building support, e-philanthropy and special event revenue. The VP of Development will expand and diversify Prosperity Now's donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
The VP of Development is responsible for devising, implementing, tracking and evaluating a comprehensive, strategic development plan to generate increased support for Prosperity Now. This position serves a leadership role in strategizing current priorities and opportunities, as well as the future direction of the organization.
- Support and partner with the CEngO, President & CEO and organizational leadership on all major fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with the CEngO, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer (CSIO), and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to develop and implement Prosperity Now's financial strategy
- Actively work with the CEngO and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Work closely with the CEngO, VP of Communications, to develop and execute strategic efforts to engage donors, prospective donors, and influencers across an integrated continuum, and to leverage the President & CEO, board members and other organizational leadership team members, building and maintaining effective and efficient preparation and tracking protocols.
- Create and implement a strategic development plan to generate and tap opportunities to increase awareness and financial support for Prosperity Now through the entire range of development activities including, but not limited to, major and planned giving, corporate and foundation support, special events, capital/endowment campaigns, e-philanthropy and other online engagement strategies.
- Work with the VP of Communications and team to coordinate development efforts with public education to inform the audiences about Prosperity Now’s vision, priorities and work in order to broaden the base of support.
- Ensure that systems are in place for the timely and accurate preparation and presentation of proposals and reports for funder; and to cultivate and steward individual donors and evaluate the results.
- Manage development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Grow and maintain a personal portfolio of high capacity donors and prospects.
- Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Prosperity Now ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Stay abreast of fundraising and integrated marketing communications innovations and best practices and support an internal culture of philanthropy and connected learning.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to organizational leadership.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive moves management stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors, prioritizing unrestricted support.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to ensure successful planning and execution of fundraising and cultivation events to achieve budget and stretch goals.
- Create and manage team budget; prepare income projections and analyze expense and income statements generated by Finance.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program.
- Lead and motivate the Development team to work inclusively, collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently, establishing clear performance standards and benchmarks for success.
- Work with CEngO and VP of Communications to foster an integrated external relations team culture and with organizational leadership team to center external relations functions as an organizational priority.
- Eight years of professional experience in nonprofit organization leadership; demonstrated success, track record of accomplishment in leading successful, sustainable development program encompassing the entire range of fundraising strategies and tactics
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated skill of a fundraising generalist in leading the entire range of giving strategies and campaigns including major gifts, annual and planned giving, capital/endowment campaigns, foundation and corporate philanthropy, direct response and e-philanthropy
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time; demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser; proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts and grants, especially with organizations working in racial justice
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Donor-centric orientation
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, multi-faceted projects and meet deadlines; to maintain composure and perform well independently in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven setting, with careful attention to detail
- Passion for Prosperity Now’s mission