Our Mission: increase investment and
participation in 4‑H programs so we can support the next generation
of true young leaders. National 4‑H Council (Council) is committed
to providing leadership and resources so that 4‑H programs are
available to youth across the US. Our executive leadership team and
Board of Trustees are dedicated to the belief that helping kids
achieve their boldest dreams empowers not only them but also our
communities to thrive today, tomorrow, and beyond. Council supports
national and state 4‑H programs with a focus on fundraising, brand
management, communications, and legal and fiduciary services.
Council also oversees the National 4‑H Conference Center, and the
National 4‑H Supply Service, the authorized agent for items bearing
the 4‑H Name and Emblem.
Council seeks a dynamic Senior Manager, Principal Gifts Writing
to support the Resource Development (RD) team with the creation of
high-impact, compelling concept papers and proposals to strengthen
4-H’s fundraising initiatives across our corporate and foundation
prospects and donors at the $500K+ level. The Senior Manager will
work closely with both internal and external clients to understand
4-H’s system, external landscape and industry trends, programmatic
areas, and the donor’s interests. Additionally, the Senior Manager
will be responsible for stewarding donors at the $500K+ level by
developing mid-term and final reports, as well as other documents
Proposal Writing & Reporting
- Responsible for writing compelling concepts and proposals in
support of 4-H’s aggressive fundraising efforts.
- Write proposals, letters of inquiry and concept papers for
corporate and foundation partners and prospects consistent with
4-H’s values and goals.
- Develop mid-term and final reports to synthesize large volumes
of content into compelling partnership impact reports.
- Project manage the proposal development process across multiple
stakeholders and teams within Council.
- Edit and re-write portions of technical documents, case
statements and other strategic papers with content support from
other team members.
- Maintain electronic library for proposals and template language
to ensure the information is organized and current.
- Edit various written documents to ensure grammar and structure
conforms to 4-H’s style guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications,
business, marketing, or related discipline, or equivalent in work
- Seven+ years’ non-profit experience crafting proposals for
corporate, foundation and major gifts prospects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and
procedures within the field of non-profit proposal development
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook), specifically with style,
formatting, and professional presentation of written material; and
creative technical writing and marketing.
- Proficiency with Stratus Live, or similar CRM software,
- Must be able to perform in a team-oriented environment and have
strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and effectively manage
multiple project deadlines and deliverables.
Position typically has the following Career
- Director, Principal Gifts Writing