Chief Executive Officer
The Villages champions every child’s right to a safe, permanent and nurturing home. They are committed to strengthening all families and embracing the dignity and diversity of every child, youth and family served. The Villages is the largest nonprofit child and family services agency in the State. They serve over 3,000 children and families a day and an annual budget + $25m budget.
The CEO reporting to the executive committee of the board of directors will provide the relentless leadership necessary to successfully execute The Villages Mission, Vision, and Values. They will fully support the agency’s goals, objectives, and sustainability and chart the future course of the organization while building on its historical success and reputation.
The CEO will lead and inspire a team of over 300 people and operational areas including programming, finances, human resources and development/grant writing.
She/He will have supervisory responsibilities for Agency Leadership Positions, including the Vice President of Program Administration, the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Development, and the Program Director of Prevent Child Abuse Indiana.
The CEO will build and maintain relationships across the State and beyond with donors, government agencies, strategic alliances and the people that they serve.
- Advanced degree in human services field
- Five years managerial experience in human service or related field as CEO or head of a major division with specific experience in planning, organizing, staffing, community relations and development, and board relations
- Extensive Fund-Raising Experience with established working relationships with Key Funders and Major Donors
- Visibility, connectivity, credibility – Statewide and Nationally (preferred)
- Experience in managing or working with a board of directors
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire others
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Financial and operational acumen
- Communication proficiency both written and oral
- Networking and relationship management
- Collaboration, teamwork, diplomacy
- Organizational skills, time management, multitasking
- Confidentiality and ethical practices, accountable and trustworthy
- Analytical and solution oriented
- Commitment to cultural respect and racial equity, fair
- Entrepreneurial spirit with tolerance of calculated risk
- Emotional intelligence, empathy and compassion
- Mission driven and passionate about the cause
- Friendly open manner, approachable
The Villages provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements The Villages complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Villages expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Villages employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please send a cover letter and resume to Laurie Woodhouse at email@example.com
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly