Location: Flexible / Remote working, with preference for
priority geographies for engagement (Boston, New York, Washington,
DC, and San Francisco)
Salary: Circa $65,000 - $75,000 per annum
At the Rhodes Trust we have an impressive history of
philanthropic engagement with our donors and we plan to scale up
our efforts with the launch of our next major fund-raising program,
the 125th Anniversary Campaign.
To this end, we have created a new position for an
Advancement and Engagement Manager to work closely
with our US and UK colleagues to raise £1m in annual donations to
the unrestricted Scholars Fund and £20m annually toward the
comprehensive campaign goals.
We are seeking a talented individual who can increase our
capacity and effectiveness in soliciting, cultivating, and
stewarding annual giving as well as grow a robust individual donor
base. This will include managing a portfolio of US-based
donors and prospects at the annual fund and major gift level, and
operationalising donor discovery outreach to build the US portfolio
of donors. Priority geographies for engagement activity include
Boston, New York, Washington DC, and San Francisco.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating major donations to enable Scholarship expansion,
programming, capital needs, and the Rhodes endowment.
- Working with the Head of Advancement & Engagement, North
America in promoting legacy giving to Rhodes Alumni in the US.
- Engaging with the 2500+ US-based Rhodes Alumni & Friends
community. Creating virtual and in person opportunities for alumni
and stakeholders to engage more fully with each other and the
Rhodes Trust, and working closely with the Association of American
Rhodes Scholars (AARS), local volunteers, and the Alumni Relations
team in Oxford.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate many of the following
professional and personal qualities, skills, and
- You have a passion for the Trust’s mission, ideally bringing
experience and insight into the communities we serve.
- You bring significant experience (ideally 3 years’) in
non-profit fundraising, including success in growing philanthropic
revenue in a multi-million-dollar organization.
- You enjoy working in a relatively small, agile, and growing
team and are able to pivot between strategic thinking and
- You have demonstrated success in catalyzing donor bases, and
engagement through effective research and prioritization of
- You are a persuasive communicator, confident in crafting
audience-centered presentations and materials, and possess
excellent written and verbal skills.
- You are self-motivated, highly accountable, and committed to