Advancement & Engagement Manager
Location: Flexible / Remote working, with preference for priority geographies for engagement (Boston, New York, Washington, DC, and San Francisco)
Salary: Circa $65,000 - $75,000 per annum
At the Rhodes Trust we have an impressive history of philanthropic engagement with our donors and we plan to scale up our efforts with the launch of our next major fund-raising program, the 125th Anniversary Campaign.
To this end, we have created a new position for an Advancement and Engagement Manager to work closely with our US and UK colleagues to raise £1m in annual donations to the unrestricted Scholars Fund and £20m annually toward the comprehensive campaign goals.
We are seeking a talented individual who can increase our capacity and effectiveness in soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding annual giving as well as grow a robust individual donor base. This will include managing a portfolio of US-based donors and prospects at the annual fund and major gift level, and operationalising donor discovery outreach to build the US portfolio of donors. Priority geographies for engagement activity include Boston, New York, Washington DC, and San Francisco.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating major donations to enable Scholarship expansion, programming, capital needs, and the Rhodes endowment.
- Working with the Head of Advancement & Engagement, North America in promoting legacy giving to Rhodes Alumni in the US.
- Engaging with the 2500+ US-based Rhodes Alumni & Friends community. Creating virtual and in person opportunities for alumni and stakeholders to engage more fully with each other and the Rhodes Trust, and working closely with the Association of American Rhodes Scholars (AARS), local volunteers, and the Alumni Relations team in Oxford.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate many of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- You have a passion for the Trust’s mission, ideally bringing experience and insight into the communities we serve.
- You bring significant experience (ideally 3 years’) in non-profit fundraising, including success in growing philanthropic revenue in a multi-million-dollar organization.
- You enjoy working in a relatively small, agile, and growing team and are able to pivot between strategic thinking and detail-oriented implementation.
- You have demonstrated success in catalyzing donor bases, and engagement through effective research and prioritization of high-potential prospects.
- You are a persuasive communicator, confident in crafting audience-centered presentations and materials, and possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- You are self-motivated, highly accountable, and committed to excellence.