RESIDENT & CHIEF
Kansas Health Foundation, located in Wichita,
is seeking a new President and Chief Executive Officer to lead the
Foundation into the next decade and beyond. Working in full concert
with an eight-member Board of Directors, the President & CEO
continuously defines and guides the vision and strategic direction
of the Foundation. Responsibilities include directing all aspects
of the Foundation’s operations and mentoring staff.
• Progressively responsible professional experience in the area
of improving individual and community health with a history of
leading organizations that achieve positive measurable results in
their target population.
• Well-developed history of developing strategic plans and
implementing such programs in a sustainable manner.
• Solid leadership experience, including demonstrated expertise
in bringing diverse groups together to attain common goals at the
organizational, community and/or state level, as well as experience
partnering with a Board.
• Meaningful experience in addressing matters of equity and
• An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree is
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leadership: Serve as a decisive leader for
the organization, working in tandem with the Board, the Kansas
Leadership Center and the Kansas Health Institute.
2. Board Relations: Foster professional
development of the Board to serve in its policy setting role for
3. Strategic Visioning: Work with the Board to set
the broad strategic direction, long-term goals and annual
objectives for the Foundation.
4. Partnerships: Work to identify and foster
strategic partnerships for the realization of the Foundation’s
5. Fiscal/Investment: Provide strategic direction
regarding investments, assets, grants, and budgets.
6. Human Resources: Nurture a healthy culture of
collaboration, continuous improvement and respect.
7. Community Relations: Create and maintain
relationships with constituencies throughout the state including
the faith community, the health community, policymakers, community
leadership, the education community and others.
8. Communication: Serve as the primary
spokesperson for the Foundation and effectively articulate the
vision, mission and outcomes.
9. Programmatic: Provide leadership on key
strategic program and policy initiatives. Develop partnerships with
other funding organizations and stakeholders.
10. Operations: Provide leadership on continuous
improvement efforts for business processes, internal communication
and staff development.
To nominate a colleague or to apply for the President and CEO
opportunity at KHF, please send nomination or resume and cover
letter in confidence to:
President and CEO