President and Chief Executive Officer
RESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Kansas Health Foundation, located in Wichita, is seeking a new President and Chief Executive Officer to lead the Foundation into the next decade and beyond. Working in full concert with an eight-member Board of Directors, the President & CEO continuously defines and guides the vision and strategic direction of the Foundation. Responsibilities include directing all aspects of the Foundation’s operations and mentoring staff.
• Progressively responsible professional experience in the area of improving individual and community health with a history of leading organizations that achieve positive measurable results in their target population.
• Well-developed history of developing strategic plans and implementing such programs in a sustainable manner.
• Solid leadership experience, including demonstrated expertise in bringing diverse groups together to attain common goals at the organizational, community and/or state level, as well as experience partnering with a Board.
• Meaningful experience in addressing matters of equity and social justice.
• An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leadership: Serve as a decisive leader for
the organization, working in tandem with the Board, the Kansas
Leadership Center and the Kansas Health Institute.
2. Board Relations: Foster professional development of the Board to serve in its policy setting role for the organization.
3. Strategic Visioning: Work with the Board to set the broad strategic direction, long-term goals and annual objectives for the Foundation.
4. Partnerships: Work to identify and foster strategic partnerships for the realization of the Foundation’s mission.
5. Fiscal/Investment: Provide strategic direction regarding investments, assets, grants, and budgets.
6. Human Resources: Nurture a healthy culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and respect.
7. Community Relations: Create and maintain relationships with constituencies throughout the state including the faith community, the health community, policymakers, community leadership, the education community and others.
8. Communication: Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Foundation and effectively articulate the vision, mission and outcomes.
9. Programmatic: Provide leadership on key strategic program and policy initiatives. Develop partnerships with other funding organizations and stakeholders.
10. Operations: Provide leadership on continuous improvement efforts for business processes, internal communication and staff development.
To nominate a colleague or to apply for the President and CEO opportunity at KHF, please send nomination or resume and cover letter in confidence to:
President and CEO