Real Estate Gift Manager
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Want to help save the planet? Join one of the most successful and sophisticated gift planning programs in the country as a Real Estate Gift Manager on our Development team. The Real Estate Gift Manager contributes to a comprehensive program to secure significant financial resources from individuals primarily through gifts of real estate. These generous outright gifts of real estate and real estate funded life income gifts enable us to continue the critical work to conserve lands and waters around the world for future generations. Annually, we raise approximately $200 million in deferred and complex gifts, including charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, gifts of real estate and donor advised funds. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is highly motivated, enjoys working with diverse constituencies and is interested in joining the world’s leading conservation organization.
TNC is seeking an energetic and dedicated professional to serve as the Real Estate Gift Manager on our development team. This position works closely with fundraising staff and will be directly responsible for managing and implementing a comprehensive program to raise funds through gifts of real estate. Our ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment, have experience in negotiating and closing real estate gifts or transactions and demonstrated skills building and maintaining long-term relationships with constituents such as major donors, clients and professional advisors. The Real Estate Gift Manager will have exceptional attention to detail and have a donor-centric approach, strong interest in working with donors and an interest in learning about our organization’s conservation priorities and gift planning.
Arlington, Virginia TNC Headquarters, is the preferred location but the location could be negotiable.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with constituents such as major donors, clients and professional advisors.
- Experience in negotiating and closing real estate gifts or transactions of $100,000 or more.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects, donors or clients.
- Experience working with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Experience using communication and presentation skills, and experience working with high net worth individuals.
- Ability to determine an individual’s interests, capacity and potential for helping the Conservancy meet its goals, and act appropriately to tie those interests with the Conservancy’s work.
- Ability to educate and inform prospective and existing donors about appropriate giving vehicles.
- Proven ability to negotiate high profile or sensitive agreements.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy, and tact to build strong relationships and motivate prospects, donors or clients.
How to Apply
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Search for job ID# 49146 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST December 11, 2020. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!
EEO StatementThe Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.