Associate Director of Development - W.P. Carey School of Business
Who we want:
Associate Director of Development – W.P. Carey School of Business
Building off the momentum of the public launch of Campaign ASU 2020, the Arizona State University The Associate Director of Development for the W. P. Carey School of Business is a professional who will work collaboratively with ASUF and with academic leadership in the college. The principal activity of this professional development officer is to be externally focused, with responsibility for engaging a portfolio of individuals, that have a potential affinity with ASU. The associate director’s effectiveness will be evaluated on the ability to achieve financial goals and contact metrics consistent with the programs and prospects assigned. The associate director reports to the senior associate director of development for the W. P. Carey School of Business.
What you'll do:
- Work with director of development alongside academic leaders to
assist and direct the implementation and coordination of special
fundraising opportunities by identifying, cultivating and
soliciting annual, major and planned gifts
- Guided by the direction and scope of a prospect’s interest, collaborate with various faculty, institute/center directors, and unit-based and foundation-based fundraisers to develop fundraising plans, and leverage the maximum philanthropic potential of a prospect
- Develop and submit written proposals, budgets, and other collateral materials as needed for securing philanthropic investments
- Collaborate with various ASUF and ASU offices and functions -- including donor relations, research and prospect management, financial services, annual giving, and development – to advance prospect strategies
- When appropriate, oversee the recruitment, organization and training of fundraising volunteers
- Proactively manage a portfolio of major gift ($25,000+)
prospects, developing and executing prospect strategies leading to
solicitation and investment based on the opportunities of each
- Use the ASUF prospect management and tracking system (Sales Force) to record and coordinate contacts and proposals
- Be responsible for core fundraising metrics including face-to-face visits with prospects, identification of new prospects, growth in cumulative giving from the prospect portfolio, major gift proposals submitted, dollars raised
- Ensure proper stewardship and recognition of donors in portfolio
- Participate, as a member of the ASUF development team and serve as a resource to development colleagues regarding fundraising opportunities
- Travel when necessary to execute strategic development plans for regional and national major donor prospects
- Work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment with complex and evolving relationships and priorities
What you'll need:
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development/fundraising, preferably in higher education
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
- Self-starter able to secure personal appointments and qualify new prospects
- Demonstrated achievement in securing philanthropic investments
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, as well as part of a cohesive team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- Belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Ability to prepare complex and detailed proposals and related materials
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in donor/prospect computer data base systems
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Documented success in personally implementing sophisticated, multi-year cultivation strategies that use a relationship-building and moves management approach leading to successful gift closure
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Demonstrable experience in stewardship plans leading to additional investments
- Demonstrate and engage in the ability to plan for travel, schedule prospect meetings and travel plans within a specified budget.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ successful professional development and/or fundraising related experience, preferably in higher education: OR, any equivalent combinations of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved.
Who we are:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a private, nonprofit organization based in Tempe, Arizona, that serves as the resource-raising arm of Arizona State University. We represent a new, innovative and highly efficient model for diversified revenue generation, serving five distinct subsidiaries that provide support for ASU:
- ASU Foundation matches donors with their passions by raising and investing private contributions to ASU programs, faculty and students.
- University Realty LLC cultivates and advances commercial and residential real estate projects to support ASU.
- Skysong Innovations, ASU Enterprise Partners’ technology transfer, creates a pipeline between ASU and the private sector.
- Enterprise Collaboratory at ASU equips faculty, staff and students to launch innovative and impactful initiatives rapidly.
- ASU Research Enterprise conducts applied research and consults for classified and midrange technology-readiness-level (TRL) services for the defense and security industry.
We employ a diverse team engaged in meaningful work, including fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, filmmakers, inventors, entrepreneurs and volunteers. Each member brings a different perspective to our vision, yet we share a mission to advance the most innovative university in the country.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
With you as part of our team, together our potential is limitless.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at http://asuenterprisepartners.org/employeebenefits.
Clarity of focus while juggling complex projects and/or deadlines. Ability to meet demanding work schedule expectations.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
This position will require a laptop computer, telephone, and mobile communication device ($60 monthly reimbursement).
Contact us today.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org
If interested in the Associate Director of Development – W.P. Carey School of Business please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer