Development Coordinator - Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College
Who we want:
Development Coordinator – Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College
The development coordinator will play a key role on the development team that works to secure significant philanthropic investments that will support Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College (MLFTC). The development coordinator will act as the MLFTC staff liaison to alumni, prospects, donors, and all other constituencies to provide support for development initiatives, programs and events to ensure timely recognition and stewardship of MLFTC donors and scholarships. The coordinator will also be responsible for stewardship and operations for the MLFTC Development team. The position will report to the Director of Development at MLFTC.
What you'll do:
- Manage donor stewardship activities to ensure timely response and appropriate use of funds in accordance with donor intent
- Work collaboratively with ASUF on a variety of donor and ad hoc requests that are non-routine and significant in nature
- Serve as the liaison with the ASUF Sun Devil Giving Office, assisting with the coordination of overall strategy, including the implementation of Sun Devil Giving Day
- Coordinate with the college's business office on gift deposits and reporting
- Working with communications and marketing, plan and implement appropriate donor recognition and cultivation communication vehicles
- Working in cooperation with events staff, plan and execute stewardship and donor relations events
- Coordinate with ASUF on completing endowment agreements
- Coordinate special projects under the direction of the director
- Work closely with the MLFTC business office to ensure philanthropic scholarships are awarded in compliance with donor intent
- Manage MLFTC scholarship stewardship process
- Assist in identifying alumni and friends interested in giving back to MLFTC by cultivating relationships with targeted alumni that will result in an initial financial contribution
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and planning meetings
- Collaborate with various ASUF offices and functions to advance prospect strategies
- Prepare presentations, materials, complex and detailed reports and proposals, including requesting needed reports from ASUF
- Become trained on Salesforce to assist with pulling lists, updating contact information, assisting with capturing MLFTC engagements
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development/fundraising, preferably in higher education
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, by phone
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledgeable with laptops, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Experience with Salesforce and Workday preferred
- Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable - may be asked to work some nights and weekends to accommodate events
- Ability to extrapolate information and analyze donor and financial reports
- Ability to represent the institution well
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 plus years of administrative/program coordination experience within development, fundraising and/or marketing, preferably in higher education.
Who we are:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a private, nonprofit organization based in Tempe, Arizona, that serves as the resource-raising arm of Arizona State University. We represent a new, innovative and highly efficient model for diversified revenue generation, serving five distinct subsidiaries that provide support for ASU:
- ASU Foundation matches donors with their passions by raising and investing private contributions to ASU programs, faculty and students.
- University Realty LLC cultivates and advances commercial and residential real estate projects to support ASU.
- Skysong Innovations, ASU Enterprise Partners’ technology transfer, creates a pipeline between ASU and the private sector.
- Enterprise Collaboratory at ASU equips faculty, staff and students to launch innovative and impactful initiatives rapidly.
- ASU Research Enterprise conducts applied research and consults for classified and midrange technology-readiness-level (TRL) services for the defense and security industry.
We employ a diverse team engaged in meaningful work, including fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, filmmakers, inventors, entrepreneurs and volunteers. Each member brings a different perspective to our vision, yet we share a mission to advance the most innovative university in the country.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
With you as part of our team, together our potential is limitless.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at http://asuenterprisepartners.org/employeebenefits.
Clarity of focus while juggling complex projects and/or deadlines. Ability to meet demanding work schedule expectations.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
This position will require a laptop computer, telephone, and mobile communication device ($60 monthly reimbursement).
Contact us today.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org
If interested in the Development Coordinator – Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer