Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Annual Gift Officer
Who we want:
Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Annual Gift Officer
The W. P. Carey School of Business, Office of Development, is seeking an Assistant Director of Development who will cultivate, solicit, and steward donors, friends and alumni to develop long-range plans for the individual’s involvement in the School. Our Development Officers are poised and engaging, motivated and inspired to achieve results, not only as an individual contributor but also as a team member offering input and advice.
This position actively participates in matters related to fundraising and prospect development. The individual will engage in collaborative efforts that will contribute to the achievement of the team’s overall fundraising goals. There is a responsibility for achieving results with and through people sharing knowledge and skills to successfully influence and persuade others. A large percentage of the Development Officers’ work is spent on identifying, cultivating and soliciting potential donors, friends and alumni.
What you'll do:
- Work with director of development alongside academic leaders to assist and direct the Manages a portfolio of 150-200 individual prospects with independent responsibility to develop and execute strategies leading to solicitation of gifts of $1,000+
- Identifies donors ready to move up the donor ladder, including current annual fund donors with capacity to become leadership annual gift donors (gifts between $10K-$25K)
- Conduct a minimum of 160 high-impact visits annually
- Handles confidential materials and discussions with appropriate discretion
- Work in collaboration with the ASU Foundation’s Annual Giving Office to coordinate giving solicitations and messaging
- In collaboration with the ASU Foundation and W. P. Carey MarComm, coordinate Sun Devil Giving Day strategies/activities
- Plans and implements targeted approaches and, where appropriate, facilitates approaches by other colleagues to prospects
- Effectively and professionally represents the school in the development community of ASU and ASU Foundation
- Maintains records of activity and coordinates a variety of activities and/or tasks with the Office of Development team
- Use the alumni donor database, Salesforce, maintaining current and confidential information on development activities
What you'll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Superior verbal and written communication, interpersonal, relationship building, creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well and
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point)
- Experience with Salesforce
Bachelor's degree in a related field AND 1-3 years successful professional development and/or fundraising related experience, preferably in higher education; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Who we are:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a private, nonprofit organization based in Tempe, Arizona, that serves as the resource-raising arm of Arizona State University. We represent a new, innovative and highly efficient model for diversified revenue generation, serving five distinct subsidiaries that provide support for ASU:
- ASU Foundation matches donors with their passions by raising and investing private contributions to ASU programs, faculty and students.
- University Realty LLC cultivates and advances commercial and residential real estate projects to support ASU.
- Skysong Innovations, ASU Enterprise Partners’ technology transfer, creates a pipeline between ASU and the private sector.
- Enterprise Collaboratory at ASU equips faculty, staff and students to launch innovative and impactful initiatives rapidly.
- ASU Research Enterprise conducts applied research and consults for classified and midrange technology-readiness-level (TRL) services for the defense and security industry.
We employ a diverse team engaged in meaningful work, including fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, filmmakers, inventors, entrepreneurs and volunteers. Each member brings a different perspective to our vision, yet we share a mission to advance the most innovative university in the country.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
With you as part of our team, together our potential is limitless.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at http://asuenterprisepartners.org/employeebenefits.
Clarity of focus while juggling complex projects and/or deadlines. Ability to meet demanding work schedule expectations.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
This position will require a laptop computer, telephone, and mobile communication device ($60 monthly reimbursement).
Contact us today.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org
If interested in the Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Annual Gift Officer please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer