Digital Communications Specialist
Established in 1967, Sound Generations is a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and adults with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking a Digital Communications Specialist to join the Marketing & Philanthropy Team!
Details at a glance:
- Location: Downtown Seattle
- Pay Range: $55,500 - $61,500 USD Annually
- Full Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Orca Card
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
The Digital Communications Specialist will develop and implement internet marketing strategies that align with the organization’s mission and embed diversity and social justice, in order to optimize the online user experience, increase marketing effectiveness, and improve customer satisfaction. Implement online and digital marketing programs such as search optimization, affiliated marketing, social networking, and fundraising campaigns. Research and design fundraising pages, maintain digital content libraries, assist in video creation and processing. Plan, design and implement concept art, gather and report web stats for search engine optimization and to inform decision-making.
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s online media campaigns, including research & planning, strategy, implementation, day-to-day monitoring, optimizing, analysis & reporting to support organizational marketing and development goals.
- Manage the organizations’ digital content libraries and website updates while diversifying the images, identities, and perspectives represented in photos, artwork, and print materials.
- Develop social campaigns that are compelling and relevant to users in different stages of funnels.
- Write, schedule, and optimize daily posts across multiple social platforms with inclusive language to increase program utilization with a focus on under-served populations and donor support.
- Implement, track, analyze & optimize paid media campaigns across social media.
- Accountability for email marketing, Pay Per Click (PPC) Search Engine Optimization for the organization, client, and donors.
- Deliver monthly client reports, verify data accuracy, provide analysis and keep clients updated on account status. Recognize data trends and troubleshoot data anomalies.
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts, obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval, prepare final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art, and complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art service, printers, etc.
- Use creative muscles to develop tools and tactics to improve paid media management efficiencies and meet target KPIs and metrics.
- Continuously test and optimize key metrics that exceed business objectives.
- Research and stay up-to-date on current and emerging web and social media technologies.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
- Assume and effectively discharge other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Marketing & Communications or related field. Four (4) years of related digital/social media experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience managing content and production for high traffic websites.
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience managing social media platforms and paid media management.
- Experience with video production, editing, and YouTube or equivalent video sharing tools.
- Experience creating written and oral communication for diverse range of audiences.
- Extensive knowledge of the Pacific Northwest funding community, particularly Seattle and King County.
- Experience in a non-profit environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Advance computer and marketing software skills required in: MS Office, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey, Dropbox, Adobe Suite, WordPress or similar content management systems.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics or equivalent web stats tools, including reporting for non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, and interpersonal including: in-person, email, phone, and virtual.
- Ability to work as a team member and promote a safe and inclusive work environment AND work independently and autonomously make decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients, staff, volunteers, and persons utilizing the same facilities and with social and governmental agencies and other organizations serving older adults.
- Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines and produce quality results with organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate skills that promote equity and inclusion in a culturally diverse environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sound Generations values a diverse workforce. It’s the policy of Sound Generations to provide equal opportunity to all persons seeking or having access to its employment, services and activities, which is free from restriction based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
There are no limitations to who’s a best fit to serve our local communities. If we call you for an interview and you need specific accommodations, please let us know! We’re happy to make the arrangements. We’ll need to know ten (10) days in advance to make sure we get you situated.
For best results, please call our Human Resources department at 206.727.6240. You’re also welcome to mail your request to Human Resources.
How to Apply
Please visit: https://soundgenerations.org/careers/
To be considered, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.