President & CEO
KEES has been exclusively retained by United Way of Will County in its search for a new President & CEO.
United Way of Will County is seeking a visionary and strategic executive as its next President & CEO. The new executive will succeed Mike Hennessy, who recently retired after leading United Way for 31 years. The organization is poised to envision, design, and pursue a new strategic plan to ensure United Way is prepared to meet the evolving and diversified needs of Will County in dynamic and innovative ways. Working closely with and reporting to a passionate Board of Directors, the President & CEO will address both long- and short-term goals set by the Board and lead a team of four professionals. The successful candidate will be a passionate leader with demonstrated knowledge of Will County and its unique challenges and opportunities.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, with at least five years in progressive leadership roles.
- Ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Track record in financial management, stewardship, and developing strategies to successfully increase revenue.
- Proven success in building strong and productive work teams with a focus on mentoring and nurturing staff development.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred (i.e., Public Administration, Business, etc.).
Compensation for this role has been recently benchmarked against market-rate, peer
and United Way standards and will be up to $120,000, dependent on depth of experience. The next President & CEO does not need to live in Will County, but strong immersion in the community will be expected at professional, social, and civic levels.
United Way of Will County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/UWWC-PCEO