Chief Development and Communications Officer
Chief Development and Communications Officer
Engineers Without Borders USA builds a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs. Our volunteers work with communities to define and deliver appropriate solutions to improve their quality of life.
EWB-USA is poised to scale our model and leverage our engineers for even greater impact in the field – through innovative new strategies for delivery that will bring increased efficiency and effectiveness.
Working with the Chief Executive Officer and the Leadership Team, this person will lead a highly skilled development and communications team to bring visibility and funding to our organization so that we can accelerate our global impact.
Who You Are
- Fundraising expert. You have deep knowledge of both the art and science of fundraising, and have a proven track record as a fundraiser in dynamic and growing organizations
- Creative and bold. You think out of the box when it comes to fundraising strategies. Your innovation inspires others to think differently and brings new opportunities to EWB-USA that will help drive systemic changes
- Inspiring. You’re a leader that brings incredible people along with you. Whether to internal stakeholders or external partners, you can articulate a clear vision and how everyone can play important roles in pursuing EWB-USA’s mission
- Data-minded. You are informed by data and readily leverage it to understand opportunities and translate strategy into action
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done and are driven by results. You move quickly and smartly. You love to set challenging goals and develop plans to achieve them
- Relationship-driven. You love having the opportunity to work across diverse constituents, representing a wide range of donors and members of the community who support poverty alleviation
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage a large number of priorities across multiple teams and initiatives, using your time and the time of others effectively. You know that results take more than good strategy to succeed
- Loves to communicate - rather than an afterthought, this person knows how to communicate to various audiences, internally and externally, to engage, motivate, and inspire the multiple stakeholders of EWB-USA through integrated strategic communications. This person would have a “birds eye” view of all the communications within EWB-USA and would ensure the appropriate strategy for the overall communications programs.
- Collaborative. You know the best results come from teamwork, and can work closely with all parts of a growing organization, regardless of department or role
- Strong manager. You have a track record overseeing high performers who are experts in their areas. You can be a thought-partner while also ensuring results
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities
- Passionate. You care about delivering impact in under resourced communities. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world
- Fun. The work we do is challenging, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
The Chief Development and Communications Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is a member of the Leadership Team. You bring to the role:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in fundraising, partnership acquisition, and business development in a nonprofit environment, with a minimum of 5 years leading a high performing team
- Proven track record of developing successful partnerships with companies, and proven track record of personally developing strategies, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major individual and institutional donors at seven-figure level, with annual funding targets at the $10M+ level
- Demonstrated experience training and working with executives, senior staff, and board members on development-related activities, providing them with quality support, and increasing their comfort with and success in fundraising
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong HR skill set and experience in managing a departmental team, including multiple direct reports
- Knowledge of budget development and administration, financial reporting, and ethical and compliance rules related to fundraising
- Ability to manage and prioritize many projects of varying size, scale, and importance with competing deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of fundraising management tools ( Salesforce)
- Demonstrated success in increasing organizational brand visibility through engaging, persuasive and innovative cross-channel communication strategies Ability to prioritize partnership opportunities and related tasks in line with strategic business objectives
- Data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing analytics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results
Location & Travel. This is a U.S. based position, location is flexible, and will require some travel, largely within the U.S.
Compensation & Benefits. EWB-USA offers competitive compensation, 401k savings-plan, excellent benefits, a flexible and collaborative work environment.
Contact and Further Information:
If this profile speaks to you, please apply here. Your application should consist of a cover letter and resume.