Director, New Partnerships, Mountain Region
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
As a member of the Corporate Partnerships team for Feeding America, lead new and existing business development within assigned geographic territory to meet corporate team revenue goals and continue to diversify donor and corporate sector support. Geographic territory within the Mountain Region includes Texas and some states in the Southwest and Great Plains.
We have a strong preference for individuals to be based in one of the following four cities: Dallas, Houston, Denver, or Austin.
- Identifies and develops new corporate relationships with the potential to give six-figure gifts or higher to support Feeding America's strategic priorities.
- Continuously prospects to develop new donor relationships. Conducts ongoing analysis of prospects within assigned territory and refines new donor selection and cultivation process.
- Prepares gift solicitation and stewardship documents, which may include grant proposals, reports and pitch decks.
- Actively solicits six to seven-figure gifts from new donors and assigned accounts. Responsible for meeting annual, personal fundraising targets in support of Corporate Partnerships' fundraising and operating goals.
- Helps conceive and execute new partners' cause marketing programs; collaborates with internal teams at Feeding America to ensure campaign activation at national and local levels.
- Builds a defined donor strategy for the assigned geographic region under the supervision of the Managing Director of New Partnerships.
- Seeks ways to broaden partners' support across philanthropic giving, cause marketing and employee engagement.
- Builds trusting relationships and ensures strategic alignment with local Feeding America food banks within the assigned region.
- Identifies opportunities and contributes to streamlining processes related to new business relationship management and stewardship.
- Represents the corporate partnerships function on cross-functional committees, special projects and task forces, as needed.
- Prepares briefing memos, partnership updates and communications for Executive Team, including the Chief Executive Officer, as needed.
- Estimated 25-40% travel.
- BA/BS or relevant experience
- 8+ years fundraising or business development experience (non-profit or for-profit)
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals – Demonstrated experience in learning and understanding complex / evolving mission and strategy goals and then articulating to and engaging corporate partners in how they can support those goals.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally – Ability to partner with and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives; demonstrated ability working with diverse stakeholder groups including food bank members, internal teams and corporate leaders across all industry sectors.
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to successfully communicate vision, strategy and operational goals to internal and external contacts using verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Leverages Functional Experience – Ability to lead by example as a primary relationship builder; ability to inspire and set example for other fundraisers.
- Establishes Vision and Crafts Strategy – Ability in setting strategic direction for business development efforts with the defined region.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Fundraising or business development experience in a complex environment, including a track-record of securing and working with new donors.
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding annual personal revenue goals and securing six to seven figure gifts.
- Experience building and executing national cause-marketing campaigns preferred.
- Experience building multi-faceted, holistic partnerships with corporate donors.
- Superior relationship management and donor stewardship skills.
- Strong negotiation skills based on a win-win philosophy.
- Ability to work across a broad range of constituents including food bank members, staff and all levels of corporate leadership.
- Detail orientation, strong organizational and project management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and report progress against revenue goals and objectives.
- Passion for new business development including the opportunity to identify, cultivate and qualify new corporate donors.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service orientation toward colleagues, network food banks, donors and vendors.
- Learning agility: able to continuously learn and articulate a complex, evolving body of work.
- A self-starter: ability to work with limited supervision when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.