Digital Marketing Manager
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure, and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our responsibility to improve it.
We mobilize technologist, end users, potential users, policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking, technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the Internet.
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be part of our mission!
About the position
As a member of the Marcom team, the Digital Marketing Manager is a multi-faceted role, responsible for the management and execution of Internet Society marketing campaigns, ensuring messaging aligns with the organizational narrative and reaches the intended audience with compelling creative to take action. Additionally, this role manages Internet Society global social media channels ensuring alignment with content roadmap and leads amplification opportunities amongst Internet Society bespoke social media channels.
The Digital Marketing Manager plays a critical role in how new audiences are introduced to the Internet Society and establishing us as an organization that is addressing some of the most critical issues facing the open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy Internet with our existing audience.
Open to Remote Work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing marketing campaigns
- Manage global social media accounts
- Align weekly scheduled post with content editorial calendar
- Daily engagement with followers, community, partners, and organization members
- Advance Internet Society’s creativity on social, ensuring alignment with our tone of voice and information accuracy
- Develop opportunities to integrate social media into the fabric of the Internet Society activities
- Lead collaboration with bespoke social media channel owners to encourage alignment and cross-channel amplification
- Lead contractor and agency support as needed
- Keep up-to-date best practices and new realities of the ever-changing social media landscape seeking out opportunities to leverage for the Internet Society to further advance our mission
- Prepare quarterly quant and qual reports, leveraging insights for future social media activity
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building marketing campaigns and company social media management in a professional environment
- Strong project management skillset
- Social media native with proven hands-on professional social media experience
- Solid understanding of paid, earned, shared, and owned channels of communications and integration opportunities
- Demonstrated proficiency in building, launching, managing, and reporting on creative marketing campaigns from the ground up
- Motivated go-getter with a high capability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated creativity with keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English as primary language
- Ability to work with different stakeholders in complex environments
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.