Vice President of Major Gifts
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) the Vice
President of Major Gifts (VP of Major Gifts) will serve as an
integral member of the Development team. Collaborating with the CDO
they will lead in the creation of a strategic and aggressive major
gifts plan, focusing on creative, thoughtful, and meaningful donor
engagement with high net worth individuals. This position will also
be instrumental to the success of the HFHS Comprehensive Campaign
leading major gift efforts accountable for at least 50% of the
overall goal. This position will lead the cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of principal gifts
(six-figure plus) and prospects. The VP of Major Gifts will
collaborate with leadership team of the Development Office. The
ideal candidate is a strong relationship builder, goal oriented,
collaborative, and professional who seeks to advance our shared
priorities and goals.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing and achieving major gift annual revenue targets.
- Responsible for guiding team to increase major gift fundraising by 40% over the next 5 years.
- Oversees team that is responsible for implementing appropriate measurements to motivate, inspire staff to raise significant dollars.
- Works with direct reports to develop, implement and realize specific plans for top donor prospects.
- Participate with leadership team in the development of a significant 9 figure comprehensive campaign to launch in 2020.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and key partner in the overall development department strategic plan process, annual budget preparation, goal setting and donor activities.
- Responsible for maintaining their own major gift prospect portfolio and securing 6, 7 and 8 figure gifts.
- Works closely with Director of Market Philanthropy, Director of Service Line Philanthropy and Director of Principle Gifts to develop best practice strategies and programs to identify grateful patients as potential major gift donors whose interests coincide with Henry Ford Health System. Works closely with other leadership to leverage community relationships they have established with individuals, volunteers, corporations and other community partners.
- Creates strategies and manages relationships with current and prospective major gift donors; facilitates meetings between current and prospective donors and HFHS physicians, community physicians and leadership; plans strategy for prospect cultivation and donor recognition events.
- Working closely with Director of Communications and Campaign to develop the Campaign plan, case for support, volunteer structure and other key elements related to the HFHS Comprehensive Campaign that match Henry Ford Health System priorities.
Education And Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree from four-year college in related field required.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in fundraising including Capital Campaign and Major Gift Solicitation or related experience required.
Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the HFHS’ Customer Service Policy and summarized below
Ÿ Communication Ÿ Ownership
Ÿ Understanding Ÿ Motivation
Ÿ Sensitivity Ÿ Excellence
Ÿ Teamwork Ÿ Respect
Must practice the customer skills as provided through on-going training and in-services.