OVERVIEW: Responsible for spearheading and managing all aspects of St. Martin’s fundraising and community relations and managing the development department
- Develop, document and execute St. Martin’s annual fundraising plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, governments, and corporations.
- Create and run Capital Campaigns
- Event planning and oversight for fundraising. This includes at least 2 large events per year (Stone Soup and a Summer Concert). Other events as needed.
- Grant writing to include actual writing, review, and supervision of grant proposals and applications, finding sources of grant moneys, networking to locate moneys and ideas for grant proposals.
- Networking with staff to keep abreast of needs and finding funding sources to meet those needs.
- Maintaining a donor base and keeping donors informed on opportunities, needs and events.
- Planning to identify client and agency needs for program development.
- Recruiting donors.
- Develop and aintain contact with major contributors.
- Manage and maintain Donor Perfect database to ensure timely data entry and gift processing.
- Networking with other organizations in order to keep a positive high-profile image.
- Newsletter responsibilities to include publishing newsletter at least 3 times annually, which is then distributed to donors, contributors, volunteers, and key community people and businesses.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the media.
- Develop relationships with churches, civic groups, clubs.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with community, county, state and federal officials, major contributors and key individuals.
- Other community relations activities and events as assigned.
- Supervise staff to keep the community informed on volunteer opportunities.
- Recruit and oversee volunteer programs
- Other volunteer programs as assigned.
- Recognize and support volunteers as appropriate
- Manage, review, and train development department staff. Handle all aspects of daily supervision.
- Provide leadership and the “big picture” to the department and organization
All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in development, community relations or similar experience.
- Experience working with multiple fundraising strategies and concepts
- Strong grant writing background
- Experience working in a Supervisory capacity
- Proven track record with creating and managing Capital Campaigns
- Strong written and spoken communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels; and in one on one or in group settings. Must be able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong project management abilities
- Dependable, punctual and self-motivated
- Good analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure
- CFRE preferred
- Office environment with driving for events, to visit donors, etc.
- Repetitive hand motions (typing)
- Sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to walk and stand
- Must be able to regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move a minimum of 25 pounds
- Must have excellent; hearing, vision and hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to drive
- The noise level is low to moderate
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screening. Must have a valid driver’s license, registration, insurance, reliable vehicle, and remain insurable at all times. Local driving is a requirement of this job.