Manager of Community and Patron Engagement
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Manager of Community and Patron Engagement is a leader in connecting the work of the Sphinx Organization directly to its online/in-person audience and patrons. Through social media, email campaigns, donor relations and special events, the Manager of Community and Patron Engagement is charged with creating content and opportunities that further drive the mission of Sphinx as it relates to fundraising and the four programmatic pillars of Sphinx: Education and Access, Artists Development, Performing Artists, Arts Leadership.
This position reports to the Director of Patron Relations and is directly responsible for:
- Solicitation, management and cultivation of small donors resulting in 100K in annual giving
- Support of development efforts through gift processing, data management, and execution of the organization’s year-round fundraising efforts with a focus on letter writing and the management of benefits.
- Collaborative creation and direct execution of year-round social media plan that supports the organization’s fundraising and programmatic goals; prioritizing continued engagement of current audiences, along with the network growth and potential patrons.
- Working with lead team members to author email announcements, the monthly e-news, and any print media that tell the compelling story of Sphinx that resonates with its community, donors, audience members, and key stakeholders.
- Management of media partners for major announcements.
- In collaboration with Director of Patron Relations, execution of the organization’s three signature events that take place annually in Detroit, Michigan, New York, New York, and Washington, D.C.
- Oversight of audience development efforts for annual Sphinx
Competition in Detroit, Michigan and Carnegie Hall Gala Concert in
New York, New York.
Requirement and Qualifications:
- Passion and deep understanding of Sphinx’s mission and core values
- Interest in classical music is a plus!
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms
- Deep understanding of compelling content and design approaches that are suitable for different platforms
- Driven, organized, detail oriented, and thorough approach to all aspects of role and responsibilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage projects and competing deadlines
- Experience working with Constant Contact and Sprout Social preferred
- Working knowledge of Little Green Light or similar relational database application preferred
- Ability to thrive in a ROWE model (Results Only Work Environment)
- Bachelor’s Degree and ideally 2 years minimum of experience in related field
Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, upload your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the URL below:
All applicants treated as confidential and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and agreement.
Application deadline: January 8th, 2021.