Marketing Director - Warrior Engagement
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Marketing Director - Warrior Engagement creates and executes marketing plans focused on engaging registered WWP warriors and family support members through data-driven, actionable insights to develop and execute strategies to optimize each warrior’s personal experience.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, measure, and optimize program marketing plans designed to acquire, reactivate, and retain warrior and family member engagement.
- Partner with program teams to provide consultation for best marketing experiences across journeys and channels to drive value, engagement, acquisition, and retention.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to acquire, track, and analyze relevant data and identify actionable opportunities to improve the warrior and family member experience. Collaborate with relevant teams to develop and implement dashboards to report and monitor against goals. Work with the Metrics team to maintain accurate data within the program database and implement ongoing data hygiene efforts.
- Collaborate with Communications team to create content and assets, demonstrating warriors needs and mission impact that provide a foundation to be used by organizational wide in external communications. Ensure program messaging is consistent, on-strategy, and optimized for the targeted audience.
- Oversee communication initiatives targeted at registered warriors and family members, including email marketing, website content, social media, and warrior-specific portal and app initiatives.
- Build and execute marketing plans to support warrior and family member facing program areas and strategic priorities, e.g. suicide prevention, female warrior issues, substance abuse, and mental health.
- Identify, document, and implement experience tactics and solutions to address friction points and gaps (gap analysis), building an engaging and user-friendly experience that increases mission impact. Proactively identify and assess business opportunities to create member growth, retention, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Partner with the Insights and Analytics (I&A) team to gain insight into the warrior, to anticipate and respond to evolving needs.
- Collaborate with the Metrics and I&A teams, to synthesize end-user experience research and qualitive feedback from a variety of sources, to develop a constantly evolving, innovating member journey and roadmap, to enhance satisfaction and increase engagement.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and manage the implementation of a world-class user, warrior experience plan, accounting for all stages and touchpoints through a warrior’s journey with the organization.
- Develop acquisition plans to register transitioning wounded warriors in WWP Programs and Services.
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate the performance of direct reports.
- Forecast, develop, and manage annual budget.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong technical expertise to develop, manage, integrate, optimize, and direct omni-channel marketing experience strategies in member acquisitions, retention, and re-activation.
- Expertise in strategic and operational planning, measurement, analytics, and trend analysis.
- Experience in developing and executing audience-centric omni-channel strategies for audience acquisition and retention.
- Strong creative and design sense.
- Extensive marketing management and strategic planning experience with a proven track record in developing and successfully executing integrated marketing programs.
- Strong customer and solution oriented. Positive, outgoing, personable with ability to interact with diverse populations.
- Solid supervisory skills to manage team of marketing managers.
- Ability to work effectively leading a high-performing team.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to organization.
- Diligent, ability to trouble shoot, problem-solve and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- High energy, self-motivated, self-starter, and self-disciplined. Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Seven years of experience in a communications or marketing role creating valuable and differentiated member pathways at a membership-based organization.
- Five years of experience working with multiple platforms including web, social, and mobile.
- Ten years’ experience in Communication or Marketing.
- Three years of mission based or nonprofit experience.
- Three years of grassroots and field marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Master of Business Administration.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.