Major Gift Specialist/Development
Title: Major Gift Specialist
Reports to: Development Director
Class: Exempt-Full Time
This position will demonstrate success in donor relations, gift solicitations, project management and
communications for donors at the major gift level. The Major Gift Specialist will work closely with the Development Director, the Development Associate for Foundation Relations and Individual Giving, the Development Associate for Assistantship and Endowment, and members of the Board Development Committee to achieve Asolo Rep’s annual fund and capital campaign goals.
NOTE: Applications are only accepted through our employment application portal at: https://asolorep.wufoo.com/forms/q34f35b0e0z4k8/
- Works with Executive staff, Development staff and Board of Directors to execute day-to-day administrative responsibilities for major donor activities
- Manage stewardship processes for major donors
- Represent Asolo Rep at internal and external events
- Lead tours of the Theatre and other Asolo Rep facilities for current and prospective donors, as well as for outside groups from time to time.
- Oversee Season Presenters, Co-Producers and the Artistic Excellence Society acquisition and renewal processes.
- Cultivate and steward current donors and prospects encouraging ongoing gifts, increased gifts and securing new gifts
- Facilitate annual major giving donor renewal process, follow-up, and tracking
- Solicit for major gifts independently and as part of a team
- Maintain, with utmost discretion, confidential information on donor profiles
- Conduct research and analyze findings on donors and prospects
- Compile and maintain research of donors and prospects for distribution to key staff and board members at events
- Schedule, coordinate and take minutes at major donor committee meetings
- Coordinate with Development Data Associate to ensure accurate contact management and financial record keeping, timely gift acknowledgment and renewal correspondence
- Oversee non-event related mailings and material distributions to major donors
- Run lists and reports on Tessitura donor management software
- Maintain major donors’ annual fund support data in Tessitura donor management software
- Manage communications to donors, including but not limited to invitations to activities, benefit delivery, and ways to support the Theatre
- Manage and coordinate submission of program materials for the Season Program Book, playbills, and brochures
- Attend all major donor events and activities
- Attend at least one performance of every Asolo Rep production
Candidates should have an undergraduate degree and five years of Development experience with emphasis on individual giving/major gift fundraising. Experience in performing arts fundraising is a plus. Requires great attention to detail and deadlines; excellent social, verbal and written communication skills; discretion with confidential information; and facility with Microsoft Word and Excel, online research, and basic design skills. Experience with Tessitura a plus. The successful candidate will thrive working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of interaction as well as independent work. Must be flexible in working long hours, nights and occasional weekends. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applications are only accepted through our employment application portal at: https://asolorep.wufoo.com/forms/q34f35b0e0z4k8/