Major Gifts Officer
Homeboy Industries, the 2020 recipient of the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, is seeking an experienced fundraising professional and mission driven individual to participate in the expansion of its individual giving program. In this high visibility role, you will work across the leadership team (Senior and Program Staff) as you will collaboratively develop strategies that will grow fundraising initiatives, solicit new donations, and cultivate existing relationships to grow fundraising revenues from major gift prospects while boosting capacity in the broader individual giving program.
This position is responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of potential major donors capable of making gifts in the $25,000 and up range and building an effective prospect management system to do so. The position requires significant strategic thinking and donor management to develop a specific plan through which a potential donor can be moved from financial prospect to major gift, as well as superior coordination skills to work with cross functional teams to do so. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required including written, verbal, and personal contact with donors and their advisors.
This is a high-impact position offers the right individual the opportunity to work closely with the CEO, CDO and other Chief Officers to advance the essential mission of Homeboy Industries as Homeboy expands its programming into a variety of innovative areas including youth reentry, the arts, campus expansion and housing, global advocacy, and the expansion of our core 18-month reentry program.
Salary, Benefits & Location
A competitive salary and benefits package including an industry leading holiday time policy is available to the right individual. The ability to work remotely during a global pandemic is a given.
Homeboy is the beneficiary of great momentum and just within the past year has received the Everychild Foundation annual prize (20th Anniversary), been selected by the New World Foundation as one of twelve organizations nationally to participate in a quality job creation initiative, and received the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, the world’s largest prize of its kind.
Homeboy Industries has reached its midpoint milestone in a comprehensive $120 million campaign, and now requires an exceptional fundraising professional to play a leading role in completing the campaign.
Essential Responsibilities for Impact
- Manage a portfolio of 150-200 donors, drawn from a mix of, long-time donors and new prospects who have been researched and pre-qualified by the development department.
- Engage in face-to-face solicitation of major gifts, and partner with senior and program staff on donor engagement opportunities.
- Create fundraising strategies for each person in the portfolio based on the donor’s history of giving and the Agency’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Provide support to senior staff in preparation for solicitations, including developing appropriate briefing materials in advance of meetings.
- Develop and execute cultivation and stewardship opportunities for donors and prospects in the portfolio, and participate in donor-focused events.
- Track portfolio activity and progress in the donor database. Create reports as required by management that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance.
- Provide stewardship for gifts from all donors within your portfolio.
- Attend required meetings and events.
Additional Impact Areas
- Work closely with CDO and individual giving team to develop individual giving program strategies and capacity in major gifts, planned giving, and leadership annual giving – creating an enhanced vision forward for high impact fundraising from individuals.
Education and/or experience required:
- At least five years’ fundraising experience with established track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and maintaining major gifts from individuals.
- Able to build strong professional relationships with donors and their advisors, creating a climate of confidence and trust on the part of donors.
- Ability to track the progress of each major account using Raisers Edge and other database programs.
- Proven ability to work well with teams in complex situations and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Proficiency in computer skills including use of Microsoft Office, Raisers Edge.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Superior relationship building and communication skills.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- A team-oriented, collaborative style.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and follow-up skills.
- Able to participate in agency/community events, as necessary.
- A strong alignment with Homeboy Industries’ mission and a passion for social justice.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Capital Campaigns Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Direct Marketing Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles
- Donor Relations Community Foundations jobs in Los Angeles