We’re searching for our next Executive Director! In this full-time role, you will have the unique opportunity to ensure the world’s first tech resource platform designed for the thousands fleeing persecution due to their sexual orientation or gender identity reaches its full potential. We are looking for an experienced nonprofit professional who is passionate about LGBTQ+ and immigrant rights, and eager to take AsylumConnect to the next level. In this position, you will lead all aspects of nonprofit development, as well as directly manage our staff and volunteers. This is a rare opportunity to lead an up-and-coming tech nonprofit organization recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30, Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards, the Roddenberry Fellowship, and more for its potential to streamline the safe navigation of people fleeing persecution due to LGBTQ+ status.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. AsylumConnect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ+ people, to join our team.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We will start conducting interviews during the week of January 18th. Please no emails or phone calls.Responsibilities
Lead Fundraising Strategy & Ensure Financial Sustainability
- Lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive annual fundraising plan.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual donors, foundations, and corporate partners.
- Cultivate a portfolio of priority donor relationships.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of AsylumConnect, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support AsylumConnect’s mission.
- Provide strategic leadership for activities and financial sustainability.
- Lead day-to-day operations of AsylumConnect, including: fundraising, partnerships, PR/communications, marketing/design, data entry and outreach, and tech/UX.
- Directly manage AsylumConnect’s staff and volunteer leadership team.
- Represent AsylumConnect at key presentations, conferences, fundraising events, partner meetings, and donor meetings.
- Provide quarterly progress reports and comprehensive annual reports on AsylumConnect’s operations to the AsylumConnect Board of Directors and Advisory Council.
- Support the Board of Directors to successfully carry out its roles and meet its goals. Cultivate relationships with and among Board members, and between Board and staff and volunteers.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required.
- Deep commitment to and passion for LGBTQ+ rights.
- Direct experience with or knowledge of the U.S. immigration system.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Extensive experience with volunteer and program management.
- Senior nonprofit management experience and established donor relationships strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience executing fundraising strategies and managing donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Experience writing and overseeing the process for successful grant proposals.
- Must have strong writing and public speaking experience and skills, and be able to represent AsylumConnect in a variety of settings, including the media.
- Track record of taking initiative and successfully leading programs/projects from start to finish.
- Comfortable working remotely and using online communication tools (G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Asana).
- Experience with product management and/or the technical development process is a plus.
- Willingness to make a minimum 2-year commitment to this role.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The non-negotiable starting salary for this position is $60,000 per year. Benefits to include medical, vacation and holidays. The desired start date for this position is Monday, May 17th, 2021.
AsylumConnect is a nonprofit organization providing the world’s first tech resource platform designed for people fleeing persecution due to their sexual orientation or gender identity. LGBTQ+ asylum seekers and other LGBTQ+ people in need use AsylumConnect’s free resource website and mobile app to find verified safe LGBTQ+ affirming and immigrant friendly legal, medical, mental health and social services in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, 24/7.