Chief Executive Officer, United Way of Waco-McLennan County
What We’re Looking For
United Way of Waco-McLennan County (UWWMC) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to be the leader of its Generation 2 strategic plan and build upon the legacy of its current CEO who is retiring; and its highly engaged Board of Directors. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the organization is effectively managed, well positioned, and adequately resourced to achieve the organization’s mission, vision, strategic goals, and objectives. A successful candidate will possess the following core competencies: Visionary Leadership, Organization Leadership & Management, Grows Business & Revenue, and Partnership Mindset & Network Oriented. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to develop key external relationships to expand funding
- Extensive experience in the management of organizations of comparable size & mission
- Strong staff leadership and management
- Ability to form strong and collaborative partnership with a Board of Directors
- Active commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Consistency in operationalizing vision and strategy
- Precision in setting expectations and accountability across all core functions and for all staff
- Experience leading and managing a data and outcome informed community and collective impact organization
- Utilization of the skills and experience of key content expert staff to round out their own skill set
- Ability to lead with focus, specificity, and clarity
- Strategic and decisive leader
The Board of Directors is most interested in interviewing candidates who can show specific results in the following areas:
- Achieving double-digit fundraising growth and developing innovative strategies to diversify revenue streams
- Developing and initiating innovative concepts to increase community engagement, particularly the business and individual philanthropic communities
- Expanding and building partnerships with other anchor institutions within the community
- Collaborating with, respecting, and leading a high impact staff team who are content experts in their areas of responsibility
Previous experience leading 1. a Business Development function, 2. a Philanthropic Funding or Nonprofit Organization, 3. Collective Impact and Community Engagement Organization or 4. a Community and External Affairs function would be highly desired.
To be a part of the most compelling mission in nonprofit work, submit a CV/resume and cover letter to Karen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information regarding the organization and to view the full position description please visit www.unitedwaywaco.org. Please do not contact the United Way staff or Board directly.
What You Will Do
The CEO is the Board of Director’s single employee and serves as the leader of the organization. The position is broad requiring the CEO to be in charge of all internal operations and external relationships. Within the framework of the organization’s policies and bylaws, the CEO has the authority to take necessary action to perform the job responsibilities.
United Way of Waco-McLennan County is a locally incorporated, nonprofit organization dedicated to generating funding for and auditing the performance of its local member agencies and programs. These agencies and programs provide care and support to more than 41,000 people in the community. The money raised through employee campaigns, corporate and individual gifts go to human service organizations that meet a variety of critical needs in the local community, including health care, advocacy programs, childcare, food and shelter, life skills development, and much more.
For nearly a century, United Way has been an anchor organization in the greater Waco community, and its next leader has a unique opportunity to expand its impact and deepen the engagement of the business and civic leaders in this community.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about United Way of Waco-McLennan County here: United Way of Waco – McLennan County (unitedwaywaco.org). Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally: Act Locally, City of Waco, WacoHeartofTexas, DowntownWacoTX, https://thewacoproject.com/about-waco; https://www.waco-texas.com/about.asp#gsc.tab=0
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience and similar leadership positions within the community. Benefits will be in accordance with the United Way’s current employee policies and practices.