Development Manager, The Jazz Gallery
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Part Time Permanent
The Jazz Gallery seeks a highly organized, detailed oriented, tech-savvy, creative, experienced professional with excellent interpersonal and writing skills to create, develop and execute a fund-raising strategy to secure private and public foundation funding, individual giving, planned giving, major gifts, local and corporate sponsorships and as well as the planning and management of fundraising activities.
- Minimum B.A in a relevant field.
- 8+ years fundraising experience in an arts or cultural environment.
- Proven success raising funds from individuals, institutions and organizations.
- Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving as well as the NYC Community and venues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Flexibility to work virtually with a home office (although The Jazz Gallery maintains a performance space at 1160 Broadway, the entire staff operates virtually).
- A passion for the arts and music in particular as well as the mission of The Jazz Gallery.
This is a senior staff position will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Artistic Director and the Membership Marketing Director as well as Committees of the Board of Directors.
The Jazz Gallery, "Where the Future is Present”, is a vibrant performance organization whose mission and programming of artistic excellence enhances the aesthetic, cultural and intellectual life of New York City.
The Jazz Gallery is NYC’s premier performance venue for emerging international artists who challenge convention, take creative risks and lead their field as performers, composers and thinkers. Through residencies, workshops and exhibitions, we provide a platform for artists to discover their unique voice and a home for established musicians to continue to experiment and grow.
The Development Manager will be responsible for managing all Jazz Gallery fundraising efforts & events including:
Private Foundation Grants:
- Maintain and foster relationships with current funders
- Prepare ongoing applications and reports for existing grants
- Research prospective matches with foundations giving to the arts
- Explore possible matches
- Orchestrate and write LOIs and grant appeals
- Prepare all grant renewal applications and final reports & manage all deadlines
- Research all additional possible avenues for funding from national, state and city resources
- Create campaigns to engage high level donors in the Jazz Gallery
- Identify potential major gift donors
- Assist Executive Director and Board with cultivation
- Initiate and Manage Crowd sourcing Campaign in 2022.
- Work with the Committees of the Board and Executive Director to manage and produce fundraising events including annual gala, annual online auction, and salon concerts in private homes
- Conduct follow-up communication with attendees for support and donations
- Maintain an efficient database of all donors with giving history
- Initiate follow-up correspondence with various donors and including all letters of appreciation
Local & Corporate Sponsorships:
- Identify local restaurants, hotels and other neighborhood businesses as potential advertisers on The Jazz Gallery website or other promotional material and/or donate to annual online auction or other cross promotional efforts
- Identify potential corporate sponsors and work with the Executive Director and the Cultivation Committee of the board to develop and cultivate
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Jazz Gallery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. The gallery is committed to the principle of equal employment for all and welcomes all job applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.