Mission Integration Manager
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Mission Integration Manager PSJH to our location in Santa Monica, CA. This position requires frequent travel throughout the Southern California region (Los Angeles, Orange County, High Desert).
We are seeking a Mission Integration Manager who will be accountable for the direct delivery and facilitation of programs, services, and resources for Mission Integration within the Los Angeles Physician Enterprise (medical clinics). Mission Integration helps to shape and influence how the Mission, Values, and Vision are lived out in the daily life of our ministries. This Mission Integration Manager’s work touches on all aspects of organizational life including governance, strategy, operations and the nurturing of our caregivers and physicians. Sustaining a culture consistent with the Mission and Values requires vigilance at all times especially during times of change to maintain our Catholic identity and to ensure constant alignment with who we say we are.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Leadership and Prophetic Voice:
While living the Mission is the responsibility of every caregiver within Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH), the Mission Integration Manager has the special responsibility of courageously holding the Mission focus as PSJH moves into the future:
- Works collaboratively with Mission Integration leadership to advance overall Mission, Values and Vision.
- Collaborates with others to integrate Ministry identity within key areas of assignment and accountability through specific initiatives and programs.
- Helps to foster a culture of theological and spiritual reflection, discernment, and Catholic identity within teams and areas of responsibility.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with major stakeholders.
Continuing the ministry of PSJH over generations requires special attention by all leaders. The Mission Manager is key in walking with those in the ministry as they engage in formation processes of ongoing growth as persons and as caregivers:
- Will facilitate various programs, initiatives, and opportunities to address the formation needs of caregivers, providers, and others.
b .Mentors leaders and caregivers in Mission Integration and Values interpretation.
Heritage and Identity:
The Mission Integration Manager partners with Mission leadership in sustaining our PSJH heritage and Catholic identity, so the Mission and Values are rooted in all we do:
- Facilitates orientation program to introduce caregivers and providers to the PSJH heritage, Mission and Values.
- Supports events, rituals for observing and celebrating special events of our Mission, Values, history, life of our Sponsors and Founders of the local ministry.
- Oversees the continuation of Catholic identity within the ministry while open to the diversity of the community.
A fundamental responsibility of the role of the Mission Integration Manager is to hold the ministry’s integrity in trust with others and adherence to PSJH Mission and Values Discernment Process in both the clinical and organizational context:
- Connect leaders and caregivers to Ethics resources in strategic planning and decision-making.
- Supports key Ethics initiatives and priorities.
Justice in the Workplace:
- Assist in the facilitation of programs which enable caregivers to animate and express the Mission through one’s role and daily work; lead efforts with Mission Integration extenders within specific locations or ministry.
- Provide support for caregivers during significant workforce changes in collaboration with local Mission leaders, HR, and chaplains.
Spiritual wellness initiatives tend to the life force, the essence, the spirit of those we serve:
- Supports key Spiritual Wellness priorities and programming for patients, caregivers, and physicians
- Maintains a focus on organizational spirituality to nurture the emotional, spiritual and social needs of caregivers and physicians.
Community Outreach is our intent to improve the health and well-being of those living in our community where we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. Community Outreach provides opportunities for PSJH caregivers to experience Mission in action as we work to advance Health for a Better World:
- Advances and celebrates caregiver participation in PSJH sponsored:
- International service trips
- Domestic volunteer activities
iii. Environmental stewardship across the ministry, including Green Teams:
- Integrates Community Outreach work into ongoing formation activities.
- Supports and advances internal stakeholder engagement in Community Outreach activities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent education/experience.
- 3 years of experience in progressive responsibility in a related field as a health care professional or administration of ministry related programs or services.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Theology, Divinity, Spirituality, Health Care Mission or related field of ministry or equivalent education/experience.
- 2 years of experience in the practical application of Catholic theology, especially Catholic Social Teaching and/or the Ethical and Religious Directives
- 2 years of experience designing and delivering formation or training programs
- 2 years of experience with leading presentations with small to large audiences including leadership or physicians
- 2 years of experience leading small to large group team building exercises and facilitating group conversations