Rosewood Family Advisors LLP
Rosewood Family Advisors (RFA) is a multi-family office whose mission is to provide exceptional client service and advice. Our professionals help ultra-high net worth clients define and meet their goals by providing a diverse range of family office services including tax compliance, bill pay and expense management, philanthropic advising, and estate planning.
The Philanthropy Manager (PM) is responsible for creating top-quality grantmaking experiences for our clients. The PM achieves this by managing the day-to-day grantmaking systems and processes related to our client’s giving. The PM is involved in all aspects of grants management which includes, but is not limited to, grant structuring, regulatory compliance, managing workflows, compiling reports, and training staff and clients.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who can bring the same initiative to a growing team. The individual is someone who consistently exercises sound judgement, can anticipate needs without being asked, and is able to manage multiple complex and evolving projects.
- Manage the efficient flow of grants through their full lifecycle, from due diligence through final reporting.
- Conduct review of grants to confirm compliance with IRS regulations and client requirements. Provide feedback on proposals and requests.
- Works to assess potential grant risks and identifies, develops, and communicates recommended procedures to all related parties.
- Steward accurate information and resources in client databases. Develops reports and other tools to maintain data integrity and conduct quality control checks regularly.
- Assess and recommend grantmaking processes and templates, balancing the needs of the clients, external partners, and internal staff.
- Identify and research charitable organizations that best fit the client’s interest and priorities
- Perform research and manage special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum five years of grants management experience, preferably at a sponsoring charity of DAFs, community or private foundation, wealth advisory firm or family office.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement complex projects, preferably within a philanthropic institution.
- Document management and quality control capabilities.
- Track record of developing solutions and improving existing technologies.
- Knowledge of IRS grants compliance rules and regulations. Experience with regulations specific to multiple types of charitable structures including DAFs, public charities, and private foundations.
- Strong relationship building, follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a constantly evolving environment.
- Humility to undertake tasks as necessary to accomplish a project.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service focus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Philanthropy Manager’ in the title. In your cover letter please tell us how your specific experience and accomplishments can add value to the team. RFA will contact qualified applicants.