Easterseals South Florida
Easterseals South Florida (ESSF) seeks a CEO who is passionate about improving the lives of people with disabilities.
ESSF is a $15 million non-profit organization that provides exceptional services so that people living with autism, Alzheimer’s, and other disabilities can live, learn, work and play in the community. It is one of 72 domestic affiliates of Easterseals, Inc. ESSF touches over 1,700 children and adults with disabilities and their families each year in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Programs focus on the individual and the family and are customized to meet the unique needs of this special community. For more information, please visit: https://www.easterseals.com/southflorida/
In December 2020, ESSF was named one of the recipients of an unrestricted gift of $6 million by philanthropist MacKenzie Scott to support life-changing services for the one in four Americans currently living with disability. The new CEO will have an opportunity to further shape the future of the organization with the support of this donation.
The CEO will provide leadership for the organization to fulfill its mission of spreading help, hope, and answers for people with disabilities and their caregivers. This leader is responsible for managing the operations of the organization, setting the vision, ensuring a secure funding model, and strengthening individual and corporate giving.
ESSF seeks candidates with the following competencies and attributes for the role:
- Compassionate Leadership - Maintaining a positive culture/environment to support the difficult work being done in the organization
- Direct Care Operations / Program Management - Significant leadership experience with a direct care provider with greater than approximately $7 million in operating revenue
- Mission – an authentic connection with people who have disabilities and/or special needs and the mission of Easterseals South Florida to serve them
- Financial Acumen - Strong financial/business acumen with a successful track record of achieving results and managing a financially sound organization.
- Multiple Funding Sources - Proven track record of working with multiple funding sources and successfully leading an organization through a changing reimbursement/funding and regulatory landscape
- Entrepreneurial Vision - Ability to see opportunities and create new programs and funding streams that are financially sound and consistent with the mission
- Fundraising - A proven track record in fundraising is a plus but not a requirement
- South Florida Community - Deep connections in the South Florida community with potential donors, government agencies and other stakeholders is highly desirable. Ability to speak Spanish is a significant plus.
- Board Management - Experience partnering with a Board of Directors, volunteers, and external agencies.
- Strategic Planning - Proven experience in identifying, fostering and overseeing expansion needs.
- Dealing with resource constraints - Able to prioritize and best utilize existing resources
Easterseals South Florida has retained the services of the Diversified Search Group to assist in this search. Please submit a cover note and resume or nominations, in confidence, to CEO_ESSF@divsearch.com