Planning & Reporting Coordinator
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure, and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our responsibility to improve it.
We mobilize technologist, end users, potential users, policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking, technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the Internet.
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be part of our mission.
About the position
The Planning & Reporting Coordinator performs a wide range of administrative duties and ensures consistent, reliable and timely execution of tasks within the Planning & Reporting (P&R) portfolio. The Coordinator also manages P&R processes and procedures with a strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement. This position reports to the Planning & Reporting Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and has direct responsibility for tasks that support the Planning & Reporting portfolio of work·
- Drafts, edits and prepares correspondence, reports and other material using email, PowerPoint, Word, and Smartsheet.
- Provides for smooth day-to-day flow of communications within the P&R team and with the rest of the organization.
- Anticipates and resolves problems; updates P&R team members on status of projects.
- Assists with scheduling and distributing work to other staff members.
- Responds to inbound questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
- Contributes to department goals by accomplishing other related duties as required.
- Serves as reliable and trusted source of information on established processes, policies and advises staff accordingly
- Liaise with related initiatives or projects within the organization, keeping the P&R team informed of information as relevant.
- Supports meetings with agenda management, note taking and follow-up actions
- Prepares, maintains and reviews P&R documentation and complies with corporate branding guidelines.
- Organizes and implements administrative procedures and team workflows to drive team efficiency
- Ensure full support and service alignment from the Planning Team to projects and objectives in service of ISOC’s mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or project management preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience with survey development and analysis
- Produce quality materials with attention to detail
- Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills with the ability to learn new platforms
- Experience with Zoom, Box, Slack, Smartsheet, Lucid Charts, Survey Monkey experience a plus
- Multilingualism a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to work on multiple projects
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to travel as needed
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.