Human Resources Generalist
Are you a payroll and benefits specialist excited to contribute to a superior employee experience while promoting top-notch public policy ideas? Join the American Enterprise Institute’s Human Resources team!
As our next HR generalist, you will focus extensively on payroll, benefits, and human capital management (HCM) administration while supporting a robust workforce of full-time and part-time employees, contractors, and interns. You will oversee and maintain AEI’s HCM system, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and optimization in all steps of the employee life cycle. You will collaborate extensively with HR teammates, AEI’s finance team, and core business operations to deliver seamless hire-to-retire services. This is your opportunity to expand your specialty by building broader HR generalist skills.
This is a great opportunity for you if you are motivated to deliver high-quality, meticulous results; proactively communicate with colleagues at all levels; and exhibit extraordinary time management skills. You will join a team that focuses on all areas of the employee experience — from recruiting to talent and performance management, onboarding, offboarding, benefits, and culture.Responsibilities
- Enter, maintain, and process information in the HCM system to drive payroll and benefits processes, including for new hires in onboarding, terminations in offboarding, changes to pay rates, salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices for all states.
- Prepare accurate bimonthly and monthly payrolls and maintain complete records of payroll transactions, resolving administrative problems with carrier representatives and correcting payroll issues when necessary.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as 403(b) and 457 plans, health insurance, health savings accounts (HSA), dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, and wellness benefits.
- Lead the annual open-enrollment period, conduct benefit orientations, explain the self-enrollment processes, and develop communication materials to enhance employee understanding of the benefits package.
- Oversee and maintain optimal function of the HCM, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, integrations, and upgrades to the system.
- Assists teammates in administering and executing human resource programs including but not limited to compensation and leave; disciplinary matters; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and culture; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy and AEI’s missions
- Excellent attention to detail, with a customer-centric mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technology skills (high proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, and experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred)
- Experience launching new employee programs and HCM systems is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related discipline (master’s degree preferred)
- Professional certifications such as SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR preferred
- Four+ years of payroll/benefits/HR generalist experience
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, academic transcript(s) and writing sample with their online application at www.aei.org/jobs.