Director of Institutional Giving
1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Institutional Giving
Office of Development
About the Opportunity
Philanthropy from Corporations and Foundations represents a significant and growing source of funding for Montefiore Einstein. Revenue has tripled over the last several years to its current total of over $20m annually. Corporations and foundations play an important role in delivering quality health care to the underserved populations accessing Montefiore Einstein; and they are an important revenue source for strong outcomes-based research and innovative health care.
The Director of Institutional Giving will report to Kristen Kidder, Senior Executive Director of Development. S/he will initially manage two direct reports (Associate Director and Development Associate) with the possibility of building out the team through the addition of another Associate Director at a later date. The goal is to increase Institutional funding by at least 20% annually for the next several years.
The Director of Institutional Giving will inherit a robust portfolio of funders. S/he will be charged with maintaining or increasing that current level of support while also working with the team to research and identify new sources of funding from private corporate foundations – including family foundations. In so doing, s/he will partner with faculty, staff, senior leadership and volunteers. Over time, s/he will recognize and develop funding priories that will be meaningful to the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience growing a Corporate and Foundation Relations program, an ability to demonstrate strong relationships, and will present sound judgment in navigating complex institutions.
- Manage a team of three charged with identifying, cultivating and soliciting philanthropic partnerships with corporations and foundations.
- Lead by example by maintaining and growing a personal portfolio of prospects.
- Identify and develop ideas that can be turned into strategic funding priorities.
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Executive Director and staff throughout Montefiore and Einstein to meet strategic goals and identified needs.
- Identify and qualify prospects and develop them for cultivation and subsequent solicitation.
- Work with the special events team to engage prospects in sponsorship and in cultivation events.
- Maintain an effective program of stewardship for corporate and foundation partners.
- Work independently and with other staff to develop funding proposals.
- Review all proposal budgets with their respective capital and departmental liaisons.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group’s achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in foundation and corporate philanthropy, including portfolio management, relationship development and stewardship, grant and report writing.
- Ability to hire, mentor and retain a team.
- Ability to collaborate closely with colleagues in development and across departments.
- Demonstrated success in proposal development.
- Ability and desire to work well in an ambiguous environment with a complicated array of internal stakeholders across geographically and culturally diverse teams.
- Knowledge of current trends in foundation funding as well as institutional funders committed to supporting organizations with a similar mission to Montefiore Einstein.
- Ability to persuasively articulate the organization’s mission, program objectives, and resource needs to potential donors.
- Track record of engaging internal stakeholders in the grants process and superior level of customer service and follow through.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including writing, editing, and presenting.
- Exceptional writing skill - samples will be requested.
- Experience with scientific and medical subject matter helpful, but not required.
- Raiser’s Edge database, or similar donor database experience is preferred.
To Be Considered
Qualified candidates should e-mail a résumé, cover letter summarizing their interest and background to Maria D'Oro, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Director of Institutional Giving
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly