Director of Development
As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice.
Purpose of Position: The Director of Development is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans to raise funds effectively and efficiently for the Dumb Friends League. Duties include overseeing and managing fundraising efforts, building strong and successful relationships, maintaining communications with donors and patrons, and collaborating with staff to effectively execute fundraising events. The Director of Development will manage a portfolio and help bring in revenue through all monetary channels.
· Build a strong development team. Hire, train and develop team.
· Develop, implement, evaluate comprehensive annual fundraising program, which includes annual giving, major gifts, corporate/foundation giving, and special events.
· Implement development plan and appropriately assess goals, timelines, and resources and modify plan to achieve future goals.
· Manage fund development by ensuring appropriate systems, policies, procedures, collateral, gift acknowledgment, and reporting are in place.
· Create, facilitate and oversee planned and annual giving campaigns and fundraising programs.
· Prepare for and solicit gifts at all levels personally and in collaboration with staff and key volunteers.
· Manage individual and corporate gifts and obtain financial support. Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships. Maintain positive and appropriate relationships with current and past contributors; ensure cultivation, solicitation and stewardship programs are developed and implemented effectively.
· Research and understand donor relation programs at local and national levels for animal welfare organizations.
· Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions.
· Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with the marketing department.
· Collaborate with communications team to develop digital fundraising strategy and integrated campaigns.
· Generate development materials such as grants and case statements.
· Effectively communicate the mission, vision, and goals for the League. Understand the needs, programs, and services of the League and the population it serves.
· Fiscal responsibility for budgets and managing expenses.
· Generate reports to track and analyze development campaigns and fundraising appeals; establish strong ROI for all programs and projects. Monitor and report on team’s progress weekly, monthly and annually to ensure all financial goals are achieved.