Vice President of Development
RepresentUs is the nation's leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America's corrupt political system.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We're not a startup, but we've got startup DNA: we're nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore "industry standards" and set a new standard.
RepresentUs seeks a Vice President of Development to join the organization’s executive team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, with a strong dotted line to the Director and Co-Founder, the VP will set and define fundraising priorities, with a mandate to structure clear portfolios of work and build both the team and the internal systems required to mobilize new levels of philanthropy in support of this groundbreaking movement. Designing and executing against a dynamic and diversified development strategy, the Vice President will help ensure necessary funding to support the organization’s ambitious plans for growth, as it supports the passage of transformative democracy reforms in states across America.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum 10 years of related experience, showing increasing responsibilities over time.
- Experience managing and supervising large multidisciplinary team.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with constituents such as individual major donors and foundations.
- Experience building and successfully executing fundraising plans for a program or an organization.
- Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy, and tact to build strong relationships and motivate colleagues, donors and volunteers
- Experience integrating fundraising with programmatic and advocacy needs.
- Experience with current and evolving trends in major gift solicitation, asking and closing major gifts.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for RepresentUs. All of DRi's searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.