Senior Human Resources Specialist
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Senior Human Resources
Specialist provides human resources (HR) services and support to
managers and teammates including teammate relations, performance
management, talent management, on-boarding, and employment law
- Support human resources management with the development, implementation, and administration of various plans, policies, and procedures.
- Provide guidance and coaching to management staff across the organization for performance management, team health, and compliance.
- Serve as primary point of contact for teammates for employee relations issues. Conduct internal investigations as necessary.
- Advise management on appropriate corrective action and ensure disciplinary and separation documents are prepared in accordance with WWP procedures.
- Support the development and ongoing delivery of teammate programs, e.g., wellness and recognition.
- Create, analyze, and interpret various reports, e.g., turnover, engagement, staffing, and performance using available data and metrics.
- Proactively partner with management teams to provide valuable insights based on analyses.
- Provide procedural guidance to managers and teammates with mid-year and annual performance evaluation processes.
- Conduct job analyses and prepare job descriptions.
- Support the talent management program and provide support and guidance to teammates and managers.
- Conduct research to recommend new or improvements to existing human resources policies, procedures, and services.
- Facilitate new teammate onboarding presentations.
- Respond timely and accurately to unemployment compensation claims.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Labor laws and regulations, e.g., FLSA, ADEA, ADAAA, USERRA, Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and Executive Orders. Research federal, state, and local employment laws and recommend updates to ensure continued compliance.
- Collaborate with other Human Resources teammates to provide seamless, professional support and service delivery to WWP managers and teammates.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of U.S. federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive matters with diplomacy, empathy, and confidentiality, and build trust.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with diverse team members and build effective working relationships with management and team members at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated service skills and strong follow-through on deliverables.
- Effective group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship management and partnering. Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively interact with diverse individuals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write job descriptions that are accurate, free of grammatical error, and in compliance with legal requirements.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good project management skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and assignments concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and influence change. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working environment.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of experience in Human Resources.
- Five years of employment law compliance experience.
- Five years of experience supporting managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues.
- Three years of experience with performance management.
- Three years of experience conducting job analyses and writing job descriptions.
- One year of experience working with a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.