Development and Database Associate, Entrepreneurship Education Organization
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) seeks a hardworking, collaborative professional with strong organizational, communication, and project management skills to join our Advancement team. The Development and Database Associate reports to the Senior Vice President, Advancement and will work closely with the regional and headquarters Fundraising, Events, and Volunteer teams to lead database management and fundraising systems/processes. This position is central to NFTE’s ability to ensure high quality data and efficiencies including gift/donor data, acknowledgements, reporting, fundraising systems and training, prospect research, and general fundraising planning and support to assist in NFTE achieving its overall annual contributions goals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage gift processing, acknowledgements (including personalization for HQ donors), and reconciliation with Finance department
- Manage, maintain, and report on gift, donor, and prospect data
- Manage annual pipeline build out and data entry into Raiser’s Edge
- Lead weekly or bi-weekly pipeline check-in meetings with each regional Development lead to maintain moves management and inform SVP of progress, needs, and concerns
- Manage pipeline reporting including revenue and cash forecasts, board give/get tracker, donor retention, moves management, data maintenance, etc.
- Maintain HQ’s pipeline moves management, reports and proposals calendar
- Conduct prospect research on potential donors and provide reports/profiles to appropriate Advancement staff
- Design and implement database queries and data exports to analyze giving trends and outcomes for the department using industry best practices and expertise
- Oversee all donor and giving lists needed for communications, reporting, and projects based on specified criteria
- Create a plan for and execute regular data integrity checks, ensuring consistency and integrity of data
- Manage Advancement department software, including online giving, peer-to-peer fundraising, and auction systems, including point of contact for all Blackbaud support issues
- Train all Advancement staff on Raiser’s Edge
- Assist team on new constituent data entry (i.e., business cards, contact info)
- Organize and maintain department files, both electronic and paper
- Manage charity ratings (Candid, BBB WGA, Charity Navigator)
- Receive and distribute website inquiries to the appropriate internal contact
- Support annual expense budgeting process and quarterly updates (create team expense budget and review with SVP and other departments)
- Support team retreats including agenda building, template and materials prep, and leading logistics (hotel, meeting space, meals, evening activities)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (namely Excel, PowerPoint), Raiser’s Edge, and Salesforce required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in relevant fundraising and/or database management role or similar
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to create clear, meaningful reports and analyses
- Collaborative working style, detail-oriented and embraces tools, systems, and processes for organization management and efficiency
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to “roll up shirtsleeves” to get the work done
- Must enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to NFTE’s mission and core values
- This is a full-time position, location is flexible, ideally candidate is based in one of NFTE’s 11 regional markets.
- NFTE positions are currently 100% remote - utilizing employee home office locations. Where feasible, WeWork type locations may also be utilized as needed combined with remote work from home settings.
- The position may travel as necessary, locally and regionally.
- Standard office work environment.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a dynamic mission
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Generous PTO: 17 Vacation Days, 12 Paid Holidays, Personal Choice Day, Summer Fridays, Paid Family Leave (Up to 6 weeks) & additional NFTE Time (Holiday Break between Christmas to New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for child care services
- Transportation Savings Accounts (TSA): Pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program & professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences and organizational projects)
- NFTE Recognition, Incentive & Bonus Programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement & Employee Referral Program
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset - skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving -prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities across the U.S. and in ten other countries around the world.
Go to NFTE’s Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter, you must respond to the following questions:
- Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States? __ Yes __ No
- Will you now or in the future require NFTE to sponsor an immigration case to employ you for (e.g., H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? __ Yes __ No
- Are you subject to any restrictions (i.e. non-competes or any other prior employment commitments) that would inhibit your ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position at NFTE? __ Yes __ No
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
A cover letter and your response to the questions above are required. We will only contact applicants who provide a cover letter.
NFTE is a student-focused, equity-driven organization that works to empower youth and combat inequities in education, the economy, and our broader society. We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is an integral part of our culture. NFTE actively welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!