Senior Development Associate
[Location: San Francisco preferred; Remote arrangements considered]
REDF (the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) is a pioneering venture philanthropy accelerating a national movement of employment social enterprises—mission-driven, revenue-generating businesses that help people striving to overcome employment barriers get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. For people with histories of incarceration, homelessness, mental illness, addiction, and young people who are not in school or working, social enterprises provide the paying, transitional jobs and services they need to stabilize their lives, develop a work history, and build skills and conﬁdence. When employees are ready, social enterprises help them ﬁnd competitive employment.
Research shows this approach works. It leads to greater economic security and mobility and a signiﬁcant rate of return to society—$2.23 in beneﬁts for every $1 spent.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in 215 social enterprises in 30 states and the District of Columbia. To date, those businesses have earned over $1 billion in revenue and employed over 69,000 people (and counting).
Position Overview: Working closely with and reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Associate provides support to the development team in its efforts to solicit, steward, cultivate, and run efficient operations for a highly functioning team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to contribute significantly in the social impact space and create a pathway for career growth as a development professional.
Donor Database & Grant Calendar Management
Manage and own the donor database ensuring accuracy and integrity, consistently troubleshooting and ensuring that all donor and grant information is current. ; With moderate autonomy, update moves management, create grant proposal reports, and process gifts on behalf of the entire development team.
Donor Communication & Event Management
Support all fundraising campaigns, events, and correspondence. Execute regular communications with donors across a span of fundraising tactics. Update the team and stakeholders through the department event calendar. Support the creation of email communications through Mail Chimp and Salesforce. Partner with the Marketing & Communications team and lead virtual and in-person donor cultivation and special events.
Independently manage small projects and own small workstreams in larger collaborative projects. Perform project planning; establish scope, timeline, and resources; provide updates to development team and other stakeholders; monitor timelines and use appropriate project management tools to for tracking and monitoring.
Support internal team planning, strategy and cross-team collaboration. Take on special research projects as requested. Support the Development team to schedule key meetings for the VP of Development, Marketing & Communications and the Director of Development. Maintain accurate Development Department records and inventory of marketing collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree; Minimum 2 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising or equivalent
- Strong research and written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to developing and maintaining relationships with others, including strong alignment to values and principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding donor records, budget, and other relevant development information
- Supportive of REDF’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong Database Experience: Salesforce preferred
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to track progress and meet goals
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects on-time, under tight deadlines; ability to handle stress and pressure effectively
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability and willingness to work occasional nights, weekends, or irregular hours
- Ability to help craft REDF’s next 20 years of impact
- Work with passionate, dedicated people
- Ability to apply your passion for social change in your career while using business as a force for good
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 13 paid holidays and ample vacation time
- A generous dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of your base compensation
- Opportunity to learn continuously by building your skills and broadening your perspectives at conferences, workshops, and more
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Please submit your resume and cover letter via REDF’s applicant portal. A personalized cover letter is required; applications without one will not be considered.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.