Individual Giving Manager
1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Levine Music is a welcoming community where children and adults find lifelong inspiration and joy through learning, performing, listening to, and participating with others in music.
Levine’s core values – excellence and opportunity – infuse everything we do. Our distinguished faculty offer a broad and well-rounded curriculum that provides a strong musical foundation for students of different ages, abilities, and interests. We strive to make Levine’s education available to everyone. Hundreds of students receive substantial scholarship assistance; many hundreds more receive free instruction through fully-funded in-school programs.
Institutional Giving Manager
Position Summary: The Institutional Giving Manager is a major contributor to the Levine Music Development team which is responsible for raising more than $2.5 million annually. The candidate is the primary person responsible for overseeing institutional support including foundations, corporations, and government agencies, identifying prospective government, corporate, and foundation donors, preparing and submitting grant proposals and reports in a timely manner, and developing and maintaining relationships with representatives of these organizations. The candidate reports to the Vice President of Development. The candidate must be detail-oriented, and also should possess excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Additional responsibilities will include other projects supporting the Department, including writing assignments, donor services, and staffing Development events when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grant Writing and Management
- Maintain timing and accurate calendar of deadlines regarding LOIs, proposals, reports, and correspondence.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals and reports.
- In collaboration with Levine faculty, Finance, and Educational leadership, draft program and project descriptions, budgets and collateral materials.
- Maintain and steward relationships with current and previous foundation, corporate and government agencies as an active steward of Levine.
- Work closely with program personnel, members of the Finance and Education teams, as well as Trustees when appropriate.
- Cultivate a deep and nuanced understanding of Levine’s programs receiving financial support to be able to speak effectively and fluently with funders and prospective donors.
- Institutional Donor Prospect Research
- Identify potential foundation, corporate and government funders
- Work closely with faculty and Education staff, Executive Team and Trustees to identify funding opportunities and develop proposals.
- Prepare foundation and government sections of the annual development plan.
- Assistance drafting solicitation letters and donor correspondence.
- Event staffing when required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Self-starter, responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- An ability to focus and know when and how to ask for help.
- An eagerness to learn and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred
- 3-5 years experience writing in a professional setting preferred
Commensurate with Experience
Applicants for this position should submit a summary describing your experience, why you are applying for this position, and how your background, skills, and expertise qualify you for this position. Also, include a chronological list or resume of previous positions and education.
Please submit application materials to:
Director Human Resources
2801 Upton Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 686-8000 x1008
(888)-240-7039 (secure fax)
Levine Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Levine Music’s employment policy is committed to anti-discrimination of employees or applicants based on sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law concerning any employment practices.
Apply for Individual Giving Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly