Director, Fundraising Events and Communications
Title: Director, Fundraising Events and Communications
Project Renewal is seeking an exceptional fundraising professional to join our development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Fundraising Events and Communications will be responsible for the fundraising growth by implementing innovative campaigns, events, volunteerism, and communications. This individual will be responsible for deepening engagement with constituency groups and driving broader awareness of Project Renewal and it’s programs resulting in philanthropic support for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with CDO, to increase fundraising revenue through seasonal and annual campaigns, events, communications, volunteerism, and community-based activities.
- Manage and execute special events of the highest quality, impact and visibility including PRI’s annual Gala and Fall Ball.
- Create and implement annual cultivation and stewardship strategies to engage donors.
- Identify integration opportunities to incorporate press, city officials and other community partners.
- Serve as point of contact for PRI’s Junior Board; steward their growth and events support.
- Establish annual work plan with qualitative goals, benchmarks and reporting based on departmental objectives.
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with members of the organization to best understand PRI’s mission and programs, and effectively articulate this information to donors and the public.
- Manage two-person team consisting of a Manager, Special Events & Communications and Development Coordinator.
- Work with PRI programs team to establish engaging volunteer opportunities for groups/individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, is required.
- At least 7 years of development experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated fundraising event and campaign experience.
- Success supporting organizational leadership in donor cultivation, communications, and events.
- Ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to prospects, donors and other stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Results-oriented self-starter with an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), virtual platforms (Microsoft Teams, RingCentral, Zoom, etc.), and experience with web-based case management software.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.