Senior Director of Development
Senior Director of Development
USCJ, New York City
Geographically Flexible | East Coast / Metro NY preferred
USCJ seeks a highly motivated, relationship driven Senior Director of Development at this pivotal time of growth. The professional will work with the CEO, Board Chair and other senior leadership to increase funding and stakeholder engagement that will enable USCJ to move its core priorities forward. This opportunity will require a professional with strategic acumen, creative spark, strong execution skill and attention to detail, and the interpersonal grace to work effectively with a range of external and internal audiences and partners.
USCJ is the synagogue network organization for the Conservative Movement of Judaism in North America. We “Seek Meaning Together” by supporting and connecting congregations and their leaders, strengthening synagogue lay leaders and professionals, and helping congregations identify, embrace and respond to the needs of the 21st century Jewish community. Our USY program engages thousands of teens in synagogues and other settings. Through a partnership with the Rabbinical Assembly, we also serve as a vital resource for the movement, working strategically to extend our reach to engage individuals beyond synagogue walls.
Working closely with and reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director of Development will lead the strategic design and execution of a comprehensive fundraising program. This professional will oversee the adoption of fundraising best practices and development of creative strategies that expand USCJ’s major donor base and philanthropic revenue. The Senior Director of Development will oversee individual, foundation, corporate, project sponsorships, and legacy giving, and will partner with the CEO in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies that move supporters of USCJ to increase their philanthropic investment in the organization’s work.
The Senior Director of Development will serve as the catalyst in strengthening a culture of philanthropy intended to permeate all areas of USCJ, leading efforts to build and sustain relationships throughout the organization. The work is fast-paced, and a successful candidate will need to blend flexibility with disciplined execution, strong self-awareness, and confidence in operating through organizational structures.
The Senior Director of Development will foster a culture of gratitude across the organization and within its diverse constituent groups in order to expand and grow USCJ’s core programs and services. The Senior Director of Development will work with the CEO to effectively leverage the diverse talents of senior USCJ
professionals and the extensive philanthropic contacts of the Board of Directors and other key volunteers.
The Senior Director of Development will partner with the Marketing and Communications team to oversee the Direct Response program and develop a comprehensive strategy for donor appeals and engagement, and ensure that all solicitations incorporate consistent and compelling messaging.
The Senior Director of Development will:
- Lead development of cultivation strategies for significant major donors, including five, six and seven-figure donors and multi-year gifts to achieve annual major gifts goals
- Implement a plan to strengthen relationships with a portfolio of current and potential major donors to further their commitment to USCJ
- Enhance cross-functional fundraising across USCJ departments as well as a partnership with the Rabbinical Assembly (RA)
- Partner effectively with Marketing and Communications team to share consistent messaging to all donors and stakeholders
- Partner with internal stakeholders to continue the development and enhancement of a donor engagement framework including solicitation materials, stewardship programs, and events and cultivation toolkits
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the FRD annual operating budget, as well as campaign budgets, goals and timelines
- Minimum of 8-10 years fundraising experience, preferably in a comprehensive fundraising program in a similarly sized organization.
- A proven track record of success, innovation, and progressive accomplishments in fundraising with experience in all or most areas, such as annual and/or endowment campaigns, major gifts, legacy giving, and foundation giving.
- Demonstrated success as a development executive with the ability to effectively create and implement a fundraising strategic plan and operation in cooperation with engaged lay leaders.
- Proven success in asking for and closing major gifts and in building and maintaining long-term relationships with major individual donors and foundations. Ability to raise restricted funds to advance current and future programs and initiatives.
- A team builder and team manager who equally understands the realities of building consensus in decision-making and personally affecting follow-through.
- Ability to extract and analyze data to make strategic decisions about donor and prospect engagement.
- Team-oriented personality and style; experience building, leading and managing a team.
- Strong leadership ability and skills necessary for developing and sustaining a culture of accountability where the professional team is motivated to achieve the organization’s key results/goals.
- Presence and high comfort level in interacting effectively with sophisticated volunteer leadership and other important constituencies.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on a timely basis and to manage multiple priorities.
Salary and Benefits
USCJ offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
USCJ is located in New York City. The successful candidate may work remotely. Preference will be given to candidates that are able to commute easily to New York City as needed.
All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter and resume. Cover letters should be responsive to the work of USCJ. To apply for this position, visit: email email@example.com. To confidentially nominate a candidate, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Fundraising Administration Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Major Gifts Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City
- Other Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in New York City