Director of Development
Springboard is a global network of influencers, investors, and innovators, accelerating and amplifying the work of women entrepreneurs – propelling them to solve pressing world problems. We empower them with business resources, curated expert advisors who provide human capital, and drive financial capital to build companies to scale. We aspire to have Springboard alumnae take their seat at the table of leading global innovators.
Our secret sauce is our network-effect, creating a circular economy for alumnae of the Springboard programs. From our beginning 20 years ago, we realized it would take an entire ecosystem built for women to drive exponential innovation. Over 5,000 women and men from vital industries needed to solve critical problems have joined our network. They are key to selecting, curating, empowering, accelerating, and amplifying these entrepreneurs building companies to scale.
The proof is in the results. The 819 women-led companies to date have created over $27.2 B in value, created tens of thousands of jobs, billions in annual revenue, and occupy their seat at the table of innovation. To date, there have been over 200 M&A transactions and 21 IPOs with many unicorns on their way. Importantly, they come back and invest both human and financial capital in women-led companies coming behind them. That’s our circular economy.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT- CANDIDATE PROFILE
As Springboard looks toward the future, a new Director of Development will be critical in expanding and diversifying the donor base. This will take place through thoughtful relationship-building, the creation of long-term development systems for the organization, and hands-on partnership with the CEO and the Board of Directors. Springboard seeks a dynamic, creative, and entrepreneurial development professional who wants to make a difference by joining this vibrant management team and providing strategic leadership across all areas of development.
Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for all facets of philanthropic giving. The ideal candidate will work closely with the CEO, the Board of Directors to identify, solicit, cultivate, and increase general operating and program support from individuals and foundations sources, to meet or exceed a fundraising goal of $3 million annually.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a collaborative, entrepreneurial, creative, energetic, and natural fundraiser. This will be someone who is well-versed in all aspects of the fundraising loop from cultivation to solicitation to stewardship and back again. With flexible work location, the Director of Development will need to be highly self-motivated and personally accountable.
Working closely with the CEO, the Director of Development will need to build a culture of giving amongst the alumni and other prospective donors, engaging with them and working in tandem with them to accomplish fundraising goals.
Development Operations and Leadership
- Create and maintain a yearly development plan to implement new strategies
- Develop and maintain a pipeline portfolio of high-net worth donors and prospective donors
- Maintain a strong database inclusive of moves management, call reports, and acknowledgements
- Create annual income and expense budgets and manage the Development Department in a fiscally sound manner
- Provide detailed and accurate reports on fundraising progress to the CEO and Board of Directors on a regular basis
- Develop and implement strong stewardship programs to engage and maintain donors year over year, with weekly donor calls
- Manage donor-related events and programs
- Research, cultivate, and secure new foundation funding prospects
- Work closely with the program team to ensure that all development materials convey a clear, consistent, and effective message about the mission of Springboard
- With the help of a Development Associate, send timely and accurate acknowledgement letters
- Create new or update existing communication tools to engage with donors and prospective donors
- Utilize social media tools to cultivate interest and excitement for Springboard programs and outreach to potential funders
- Segment solicitation letters/emails
- Create Board reports to share fundraising progress and success
- Create and manage the Development Committee of the Board
- Cultivate and steward Board relationships
- Work with the CEO to implement board standards, roles, and responsibilities
- Create ways to use Board Members thoughtfully in the fundraising process