The Nation, America’s leading progressive print magazine and digital media company, is seeking a Development Coordinator to join our fundraising team. This position reports to the Associate Publisher, Development and provides administrative support to the Department, coordinates the day-to-day of our small donor fundraising program, assists with special events, and oversees the donor database.
The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience in direct mail fundraising, strong excel knowledge, excellent written communication skills and is a master at keeping projects on track. Applicants with prior experience using a donor database (EveryAction/NGP VAN, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or comparable) are preferred.
This is a full-time union position with salary starting at $52K. The Nation staff is currently working remotely during the pandemic. This position will be based in our NYC office once the office reopens.
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Nation offers competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous health care, parental leave, and vacation. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws. This position is covered by the collective-bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO.
- Act as first point of contact for donors and prospective donors.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other donor correspondence.
- Assist in development of engagement strategies and outreach to funders and prospects, as well as benefit fulfillment for major donors.
- Oversee monthly giving program.
- Manage donor records and relationships in database (EveryAction).
- Maintain department schedule and coordinate the production of all direct mail and tele-fundraising efforts.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors and ensure campaigns stay within budget.
- Write and edit copy for monthly fundraising campaigns, donor newsletters, and other stewardship efforts.
- Segment data accurately and pull lists for direct mail and tele-fundraising campaigns.
- Update monthly reports and develop additional reporting and dashboards as requested.
- Participate as a key member of the team in preparation for all events.
- Reconcile donations monthly for finance department.
- Process invoices to ensure all vendors are paid on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of fundraising experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to The Nation’s mission and interest in progressive politics