Director of Alumni Development
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Equal Justice America (www.EqualJusticeAmerica.org) is a non-profit organization, established in 1993, that provides Fellowships for law students and lawyers to work with legal aid programs across the country, More than 5,000 law students and lawyers have received EJA Fellowships, providing vitally needed legal assistance to underserved populations. Well over 200 additional EJA Fellowships are awarded each year.
EJA Alumni have taken their place in the legal community. Most continue to carry a strong motivation to use their legal skills to help those in need. Many have continued the kind of public interest work they did as EJA Fellows. Others have gone on to work with major law firms but continue to be committed to pro bono work.
The Director of Alumni Development will reach out to the EJA alumni community, organize them and develop programs that promote the cause of Equal Justice America while generating new revenue streams for the organization. Our offices are in Midlothian, Virginia, however, this position can be worked virtually from a home office.
The Director of Alumni Development will work with EJA Alumni to:
- Build and maintain alumni database
- Build and grow an annual giving campaign
- Foster engagement through social media and other means
- Build and execute stewardship strategies
- Ensure alumni remain invested in EJA’s mission, and provide opportunities for them to actively contribute to our mission (volunteer opportunities, donor opportunities)
- Create and maintain alumni programs that facilitate giving and volunteer work
- Support, plan, and execute alumni events, particularly around fundraising, community-building and partnerships
- Recruit mentors, community leaders, fundraisers, and those willing to write for/be featured in our newsletter, on social media and on our website.
- Develop ongoing communication considering different audiences (age of alumni, interests, geography, law school, etc.)
- “Put EJA on the map” as drivers of the conversation on social justice and civil legal aid
- Build awareness of our work and existing challenges in the civil legal aid space
- Create a sense of urgency around our work and mission
The Director of Alumni Development will also work with current EJA Fellows—future EJA Alumni:
- Manage Fellows Onboarding Program
- Develop ongoing support during the course of the EJA Fellowships
- Set Fellows up for success in their internships
- Foster a community of support and lasting relationships
- Recruit EJA Alumni to provide mentorships for interested current Fellows.
- Encourage and support students’ participation in our Fellows Fundraiser.
- Ensure appropriate supports and procedures are in place during onboarding and beyond, as related to reporting, fundraising, documentation, etc.
- Engage Fellows in EJA’s work and mission and connect them to the cause.
- Develop relevant resources/materials/information via email and EJA Facebook group
The Director of Alumni Development will report to the Executive Director.
- Strong commitment to Equal Justice America’s mission to provide critical legal assistance to people in need.
- Ability to act with the highest level of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Creative ability to develop and execute long-range plans, programs and strategies.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and to develop, grow and maintain fruitful partnerships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal communication skills; presentation skills; organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines, handle multiple projects with minimal supervision, work as part of a team, and demonstrate flexibility in accepting and carrying out assignments.
- Solid computer skills
- A facility with social media
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
Starting pay is commensurate with experience. Health Insurance will be provided or paid for.
If you think you're a good fit for this position, we look forward to hearing from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Alumni Development Position and include a cover letter, resume and two writing samples.