EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PT)
Empart Canada is seeking an energetic, visionary leader to serve as its Executive Director. The Executive Director will be responsible for growing Empart Canada out of its infancy, into adolescence and organizational maturity.
The ideal candidate would have a combination of proven relationship-building, leadership, fundraising and operational savvy. S/he must have a heart for the world – particularly for evangelism and churches – and an apostolic view and calling. Terms like “high-level networker,” “strong personal presence,” “self-starter” and “executive leader” would describe this person.
Initially, this will be a part-time position, with the hopes that it will evolve into a full-time role as the organization grows. Empart Canada is part of the “Empart North America Hub,” which also includes Empart USA.
Title: Executive Director
Status: Part Time (approximately 20 hours per week)
Reports to: Empart Canada Board of Directors
Location: Flexible / Remote; open to establishing a Canada headquarters office location
Start Date: By April 1, 2021
The Executive Director will be responsible for and will oversee all day-to-day activities of Empart Canada, including operations, fundraising and marketing. The ED’s primary focus is to share Empart’s story and build relationships among Canadian donors, rapidly growing support for Canadian-sponsored projects. This will require a hands-on approach, with a high degree of initiative.
- Effectively build meaningful relationships with potential donors and influencers, sharing the story of Empart and seeking their deepening involvement with the ministry
- Support current and future organizational needs through hiring, training, development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human resources
- Ensure legal, regulatory and financial compliance in all areas – as well as security of data
- Manage the financial activities of Empart Canada, including the preparation and administration of an annual budget, regular reporting to the Empart Canada Board, and completion of an annual outside audit
- Oversee the implementation of an annual marketing and communications plan, in alignment with Empart Global and Empart North American brand standards (tailored for Canadian donors)
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Empart Canada Board and with members of the Empart North America Hub
- Canadian citizen
- Full agreement with the Lausanne Covenant
- Passionate about global evangelism
- At least five (5) years of leadership-level experience in the nonprofit sector, particularly in major gift fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to work independently as a “self-starter”
- Comfortable with financial and operational matters
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Prior experience working the Boards of Directors
- Ability and willingness to travel, even internationally