Director of Individual and Institutional Relations
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is a New York City-based health and human services organization. It is one of the city’s largest nonprofit developers and providers of housing and support services for 37,000 of the most vulnerable individuals and families living in New York City and on Long Island.
Seeking an Experienced, Creative, and Highly-Motivated Fundraising Professional
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Individual and Institutional Relations works collaboratively with the Development and Marketing/Communications teams, as well as with Program and Finance staff to further the fundraising efforts of S:US.
The Director of Individual and Institutional Relations must be efficient and proactive in his/her approach, have creative and entrepreneurial ideas and yet be extremely structured, systematic and organized.
He/she will be charged with building a solid infrastructure for all giving from individuals, and will be responsible for the implementation and oversight of this program. The portfolio includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship of individuals in order to secure, sustain, and expand S:US’ donor base.
Also, working collaboratively with the Chief Development Officer and Program and Finance staff, he/she will research, identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and track corporate and foundation prospects and funders on behalf of S:US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Chief Development Officer on Campaign strategy and implementation, and on-Board development; deepen Board member engagement.
- Maximize fundraising opportunities and achieve revenue targets that both build on existing efforts and further grow the organization’s capacity to raise increased revenue from private sources.
- Create and build infrastructure for, and ongoing oversight of, a comprehensive Individual Giving program, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship.
- Manage the development and implementation of fundraising communications (including annual fund, year-end appeals, and other ‘timed’ communications) directed to current and potential donors, constituent groups and the general public.
- Strengthen the Individual Giving program through email solicitations, the creation of annual fund, major gift, and planned giving programs, employee giving, monthly giving, peer-to-peer fundraising, and social media opportunities.
- Oversee Development Coordinator in charge of office administration, including operational procedures, database, prospect and financial tracking, acknowledgement letters, gift processing, monthly reconciliation with Finance Department, monitoring of Development
Please provide a cover letter with your resume
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five or more years of fundraising and management experience.
- Good working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and other fundraising tools.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in the Human Services or a related field preferred
- Well-developed organizational skills with exceptional attention to operations, detail, follow-through and utilization of Raiser’s Edge;
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement.
S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Recruitment at 646-565-5894.